Financial Aid types and awards will require the completion and submission of applications by established deadlines and through certain agencies. This information will teach you how to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, create a Federal Student Aid Username and Password, follow-up on additional federal aid requirements such as verification, and complete Pennsylvania State grant and scholarship applications. to view some financial aid quick tips.
To apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, work-study, and loans, you need to complete the FAFSA form. Completing and submitting the FAFSA form is free, and it gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to help pay for college or career school. In addition, many states and colleges use your FAFSA information to determine your eligibility for state aid and school aid, and some private financial aid providers may use your FAFSA information to determine whether you qualify for their aid.
There are several ways to fill out and submit the FAFSA form:
- Log in at studentaid.gov to apply online (recommended) or
- Use the myFAFSA component of the myStudentAid mobile app or
- Complete a FAFSA PDF (note: you must print out and mail the FAFSA PDF for processing) or
- Request a print-out of the FAFSA PDF by calling us at 800-4-FED-AID (800) 433-3243) or (334) 523-2691 (TTY for the deaf or hard of hearing (800) 730-8913); then fill out the form and mail it for processing
For the 2021–22 academic year (July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022), you can file your FAFSA form beginning Oct. 1, 2020. You will need to provide 2019 tax information. For more information on the application process please review the FSA Completing the FAFSA Form.
The Department of Education may identify a student’s FAFSA application for a selection process called verification. In order for East Stroudsburg University financial aid office to determine eligibility for federal student aid for award year, this process must be completed. The purpose is to validate the accuracy of your FAFSA data. East Stroudsburg University works with Edamerica to help you complete the verification process.
More information on the 2021-2022 verification process will be added soon.
In order to apply for the grant a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have the PHEAA application submitted by May 1st. In order for East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania (ESU) to receive notice of the student's award, it is the responsibility of the student to have ESU listed as the primary school on their PHEAA application. For more information please visit the PHEAA website for application and renewal information.
- Be a Pennsylvania resident.
- Be enrolled on at least a half-time basis in a PHEAA-approved undergraduate program of study.
- Be a high school graduate or the recipient of a GED.
- Demonstrate academic progress for continued aid according to the PHEAA academic progress guideline.