The travel and tourism industry is one of the largest, most dynamic industries in the world. Students of the Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management program are introduced to this exciting industry and will be prepared to enjoy a successful career in the travel and tourism industry.
The Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management Bachelor of Science degree has three concentration options for majors: Hotel Management, Restaurant Management or Tourism Management. All courses are taught by faculty who combine excellent academic credentials with a strong professional background.
The Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management program is further enhanced through activities supported by the hospitality industry. Students participate in hotel and restaurant shows, tour hospitality facilities, listen to industry speakers, attend career days, and conduct special projects for the industry.
Hotel Restaurant and Tourism Management Program Mission Statement
To develop competent and ethical hospitality management professionals who:
- Understand the challenging demands of the global industry;
- Value life-long learning; and
- Will commit to the high standards of the hospitality industry.
HRTM students will:
- Demonstrate and apply the ability to communicate both orally and written
- Demonstrate content knowledge in the field of Hospitality Management
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of the unique challenges of the service industry
- Demonstrate and evaluate the need for continued scholarly growth and research in the hospitality industry
- Apply the primary managerial functions of staffing, organizing, leading, planning, controlling
- Demonstrate industry competency and skills during field experiences/internships
- Evaluate and integrate ethical theory practices while interacting with industry professionals