Non-Academic Scheduling Procedures
Summary: The procedures listed below are for scheduling and utilization of spaces scheduled by the Office of Conference Services for non-academic events.
- Please allow for proper planning and make sure all facility reservations are made prior to advertising your event.
- Student groups must also adhere to rules and regulations on space usage agreement.
- Athletic requests for certain spaces must be approved according to Athletic Director’s guidelines.
- The Office of Conference Services assist in determining the appropriate space if the requested location is not available or is not an appropriate match due to purpose, attendance, or set-up.
- The request for space is not confirmed until you receive an emailed confirmation from the Office of Conference Services.
- Cancellation of facility reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled event.
- Reservation Setup Request:
- If equipment or a particular set-up is needed for an event, requests should be made at the time of reservation. Special facility set-up requests should be made at least five working days before the scheduled event. Excessive set ups with special request may be charged.
- The group is responsible for all fees incurred from event for any damages, excessive clean-up, and/or moving furniture (permanent and/or an agreed upon set-up) back to its intended location will be assessed to the organization. All bills must be paid in full before the group will be permitted to reserve another space.
- The time of the requested reservation must include any time needed for set-up. Extensive facility set-ups will require more notice and may not be possible if the
specific set-up is requested too late or if it conflicts with the setup of a prior
event. To submit set-up information, please contact the department of Conferences
Services email@example.com or (570) 422-3061
- Rules for Groups Using University Facilities
- Requests for facilities should be presented at least two weeks in advance to the Director of Conference Services. In special instances, this deadline may be adjusted by the Director of Conference Services if University programs are not adversely affected. It is recommended to make reservations well in advance.
- Visitors to the campus are subject to all university regulations.
- Alcoholic beverages, narcotics and illegal drugs are not permitted on campus at any time.
- East Stroudsburg University is a non-smoking campus. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas of campus.
- The conduct of all members of the group present on campus during the conference is the responsibility of the organization. In the event of damage to the University property, the organization shall pay for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Organizational activities may not interfere with the regular operations of the University.
- Any and all food beverages served at any on-campus event must be catered through ARAMARK dining and catering services. All outside food and beverages are prohibited; exceptions must be approved by the Food Service Liaison.
- Any requests for a rental fee waiver/reeducation must go through the appropriate procedures, per the approved fee waiver guidelines.