Acceptable Use of Technology Procedure
These procedures cover placing work orders, PC/internet usage in Residence Halls and appropriate behavior in PC labs.
- For all academic and administrative connections. For a data network or phone connection put in a work order to Computing Services or Telecommunications respectively.
- At least once a year read this acceptable use policy for any changes.
- For residence hall student rooms, follow the procedures published on the ESU web site under academic computing. In addition, The following applies:
- Configured to use TCP/IP protocol only.
- Windows 7 (or higher) or Macintosh operating systems only with all critical updates installed.
- No personally owned wireless access points are allowed.
- Do not act as a server for any service including, but not limited to, serving music or movies.
- Do not use your equipment to provide network access to other equipment.
- Provide fully functioning and updated anti-virus and spyware software.
- Computer Labs
- No food or drinks allowed.
- Computer labs are for authorized ESU users only.
- Print one final copy only.
- Some labs are scheduled for classes and thus have priority.
- Abuse of computer lab resources may result in loss of computer lab privileges.
Other Related Information:
Computing & Communication Services, (570) 422-3324