Learning Today to Lead Tomorrow
Track - M.Ed. in Professional Education: This flexible track allows you to customize your program. Courses are both in-person and online. Students interested in this option may have completed post-bac teacher certification, are interested in the Online Program Endorsement courses, or want flexibility to take the courses of interest to facilitate advancement.
Program Completion Requirements: Course completion with minimum 3.0 QPA; Completed Plan of Study filed with the Graduate Office; Pass Comprehensive Assessment Portfolio review; apply for graduation and degree is conferred. See your adviser for clarification and updated changes for program clarification.
Major Steps in the Process
- Apply: Apply to the Graduate Program in Professional and Secondary Education, and if you can, identify your track. If you are unsure at this time, your track can be determined later with discussion with your adviser.
- Start: Once you are accepted into the program, complete a couple of core courses or contact a PSED adviser to discuss your career goals.
- Plan of Study: After taking 9-12 credits, meet with your adviser to assist you to complete the Plan of Study form. The plan of study will be signed by you, your adviser, graduate coordinator, department chair, and graduate director. Your signed Plan of Study will be sent by email. Please retain the Plan of Study for your records.
- Comprehensive Assessment Portfolio: While you are completing your courses, gather artifacts, read and write reflections
for your comprehensive assessment portfolio. The portfolio is a chance to highlight
your unique professional perspectives. You will present your portfolio the last semester
of your program.
Please review the full document, and ask if you have questions:
- Comprehensive Assessment Policy and Protocol Manual & Reading List
- Sample Portfolios: Migdalia Lira, Brian Blonski, Rebecca Carbin
- Complete Courses on your Plan of Study or work with your adviser to make modifications.
- Finishing Up - Last Semester
- Apply for Graduation the beginning of your last semester.
- Present your Comprehensive Assessment Portfolio: This is a time to display and describe your learning, reflection on your professional experiences and readings. Send an email to PSED Secretary, Ms. Carolyn Cooper Chambliss, email@example.com to determine presentation time. You will present in the last half of the semester.
Professional Licensure Disclosures and Distance Learning State Authorization: Applicants who are applying to programs that may lead to licensure in states other than Pennsylvania must be aware of the various state professional licensure requirements. Please see ESU's professional licensure disclosures and check licensure requirements by occupation and state at CareerOneStop.