Advanced Physical Education (M.Ed.)
Become the most effective physical education teacher.
The M.Ed. in Advanced Physical Education allows you to grow in you professional knowledge of Physical Education for exemplary teaching, research and service. Courses are offered through the collaboration of the Department of Physical Education and Professional and Secondary Education. PSED and PETE programs are nationally accredited through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
To successfully complete the program, you will demonstrate that you are a reflective practitioner by completing the courses with a 3.0 or 3.25 cumulative QPA. You want to meet with a PSED faculty person and the PETE faculty to discuss your professional goals.
From Application to Graduation
- Apply: Apply to the Graduate Program in Professional and Secondary Education, and identify your track as Adapted Physical Education.
- Start: Once you are accepted into the program, complete a couple core courses or contact a PSED adviser to discuss your career goals.
- Plan of Study: After taking 9-12 credits, meet with your adviser to assist you to complete the Plan of Study form. The plan of study will be signed by you, your adviser, graduate coordinator, department chair, and graduate director. Your signed Plan of Study will be sent by email. Please retain the Plan of Study for your records.
- Complete Courses on your Plan of Study or work with your adviser to make modifications.
- Finishing Up - Last Semester: Apply for Graduation in the first month of your last semester. Look at for the email or contact the graduate office for information.