Announcing a New Online Accelerated Principal Certification Preparation Program!
Are you interested in an online accelerated principal certification program?
ESU Introduces a one-year online accelerated principal certification preparation program. To be eligible for the program you must:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university with a 3.0 or better G.P.A.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation
- Satisfy the requirements set forth in section 24 P.S. § 12-1209 relating to good moral character
- Provide verification of at least two years of professional experience in an educational setting that is directly related to the educational process and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Be employed in a school setting where the internship hours can be completed under the mentorship of a licensed principal
This is a 27-credit program in which you take three, three-credit courses a semester. You will take two eight-week courses and be enrolled in a principal internship for three semesters.
This unique program is designed for people working full-time and provides authentic, job-embedded learning experiences. You will learn about the competencies required for school leadership in your course, and then immediately apply these learnings in your internship.
Another advantage of this unique program is that it is a cohort model so you will develop a supportive community of practice that will enhance your learning both during and after the program.
|Term||Courses Taken (8 weeks per course)||Job Embedded Internship|
|Semester 1||PSED 595 Foundations of Leadership
PSED 588 School Law
|PSED 573 Leadership|
|Semester 2||PSED 590 Supervision
PSED 554 Foundations of Curriculum
|PSED 575 Curriculum & Student Achievement|
|Semester 3||PSED 596 School Finance
PSED 515 Data
|PSED 574 Organizational Leadership & Management|
ESU professors have real-world educational leadership experience as school superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals, and curriculum supervisors, and most administrative roles. Learn from the best!
Learn more about the Accelerated Principle Certification Preparation Program.
Professional Licensure Disclosures and Distance Learning State Authorization: Applicants who are applying to programs that may lead to licensure in states other than Pennsylvania must be aware of the various state professional licensure requirements. Please see ESU's professional licensure disclosures, Evaluation of Conduct Record, and check licensure requirements by occupation and state at CareerOneStop.