Advance Your Career With a Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership and Administration
Are you a current or aspiring educational leader in a K-12 school, college or university, or industry? Do you want to improve your skills in effective leadership, collaborative practice, and organizational improvement? If so, East Stroudsburg University’s Doctorate of Education (Ed.D) in Leadership and Administration may be the career booster that you are looking for.
Grounded in a belief that effective leaders play a key role in advancing their institutions, the Ed.D program centers on developing leaders’ ability to both envision innovative improvement strategies and build collaborative professional relationships with the goal of improved student and organizational outcomes. Both research-based and clinically oriented, ESU’s executive cohort model provides the scheduling flexibility and collegial support required by working education professionals.
The ESU doctoral program prepares leaders for innovation and improvement. Action Research is the paradigm that supports being a leader of change, and so, our doctoral program will focus on the action research paradigm and methods throughout course progression to facilitate the dissertation process.
- Courses are taught at the ESU Campus in downtown Bethlehem for convenient access.
- The executive model course schedule accommodates the demanding schedules of working education professionals through a combination of face-to-face and asynchronous learning experiences.
- Coursework focuses on the application of leadership theory to practice as well as the development of effective research and academic writing skills.
- To enhance the balance of theory and practice, both ESU faculty and practicing administrators serve as course instructors.
- The cohort approach provides a built-in network of professional colleagues that support each other throughout the doctoral program and beyond.
- Cohort retreats and workshops supplement the coursework by building collegial professional relationships, fostering collaboration among cohort members, and enhancing problem-solving skills.
- Students meeting Pennsylvania Department of Education requirements for years of service may qualify for the Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility.
In a variety of settings, graduates of ESU’s doctoral program in Educational Leadership and Administration provide transformational leadership in their school districts, colleges and universities, and corporate educational settings, improving the knowledge and skills of countless students and colleagues.
Perhaps more importantly, ESU doctoral graduates take pride in their own growth and self-improvement. Dr. Dennis Riker, Superintendent of the Nazareth Area School District, shared that “ESU’s doctoral program provided me with a tremendous amount of self-confidence and has caused me to look at myself and reflect on ALL situations. When I entered the program, I was a new Superintendent, and the program provided me with valuable insights and resources that I continue to utilize today.”
Are you ready to join a cohort of talented colleagues and begin the journey toward becoming an impactful educational leader? We are currently accepting applications for our next cohort beginning in Fall 2021. If you would like additional information, you can sign up for an information session using the form on this page, or contact Kevin Quintero (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Diane Holben (email@example.com). We look forward to you choosing ESU for your doctoral program.