When any faculty, staff or student is concerned about the behavior(s) of another student, there are several avenues one can take depending upon the nature of the concerns, including:
- Talking to the student directly about your concerns about their behaviors;
- For non-emergent mental health matters, referring the student to the C.A.R.E. Team by completing the Student of Concern form.
- Suggesting the student come to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) for an appointment, or if the student is in crisis or in the case of an urgent matter, going directly to CAPS to be seen ASAP that day by a counselor between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (the faculty or staff member can also accompany the student to CAPS); or,
- If the person is expressing suicidal thoughts or suicidal intent (i.e. "I want to kill myself", "I can't go on anymore"), either bringing the student to CAPS between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., calling campus police at (470) 422-3064, or calling 911 immediately. Under these circumstances, it is important to remain with the student until the appropriate help arrives, unless you feel your personal safety is at risk, then call 911 immediately.
- Campus Address
- Sycamore Suites, Lower Level
- (570) 422-3553
- (570) 422-3731 (Fax)
- Title of Department Leader
- Acting Director of Health and Wellness
- Laura Suites
- (570) 422-3298