Check Your Degree Progress
The degree audit outlines all of the program and university requirements for graduation. You can access your degree audit through the myESU portal. Please review your degree audit periodically to ensure that you are on track to meet all degree requirements by your intent to graduate date.
If you submit an Intent to Graduate application but will need to move your date to complete a requirement, please email the Graduation Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know when you will complete all of your requirements.
In order to have your degree conferred for December 2022 change of grades need to be completed by December 22, 2022.
- Completing Requirements
Why is credit sometimes disallowed?
- Credit is disallowed for reasons such as: duplicate coursework, exceeding the number of hours allowed for a repeatable course, or Developmental Education courses.
How long after the ending date of the term do I have to complete degree requirements and still graduate that term?
- All degree requirements must be completed prior to the graduation date.
When is my degree awarded?
- It can take up to 6-8weeks after the official degree conferral date for the Graduation staff to review and clear all pending graduation candidates.
- Participation in commencement ceremonies does not imply or confirm that a degree has been conferred.
If I have a question about meeting departmental requirements, with whom should I talk?
- Questions about meeting departmental requirements should be discussed with your academic advisor or another departmental representative.
How many credit hours do I need to complete a dual undergraduate degree (not a double major)?
- Students wishing to earn dual degrees (both a B.S. and a B.A.) must earn a minimum of 150 credit hours while completing all requirements for multiple majors and the general education competencies.
What is the grade point average (GPA) requirement for an undergraduate degree?
- Undergraduate students must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.00. Departmental requirements for GPA in your major may be higher.
What is the grade point average (GPA) requirement for a master or doctorate degree?
- Graduate/Doctoral students must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.00.
What GPA will show on my transcript?
- Your semester and your cumulative GPA are printed on your transcript. The semester GPA is calculated only on coursework completed for an individual semester. The cumulative GPA is based on ALL courses you have taken at East Stroudsburg University.
Is a transcript automatically mailed to me when I graduate?
- No. You must make a request in writing to receive an official transcript, or use the electronic transcript request process. No transcript will be released if the student has financial or academic holds.
How can I order a transcript?
- Please see Academic Transcripts for complete information and instructions on obtaining official and unofficial transcripts. If you have any holds on your account, your transcript will NOT be released. Holds are posted to the myESU portal. Questions can be directed to the billing office at (570) 422-2804.
Will I receive my diploma at the commencement ceremony?
- No. All diplomas for students receiving undergraduate, graduate or doctorate degrees are distributed by mail within 6-8 weeks after the commencement ceremony.
Do students receive an additional diploma for a double major?
- No. Students who complete a double major will be recognized on the student's transcript.
Do majors and minors appear on the diploma?
- No. The major is listed on the transcript but is not printed on the diploma. The minor is listed on the transcript but is not printed on the diploma.
How long will it be before I receive my diploma?
- Diplomas will be prepared within 6-8 weeks after the conferral date. Diplomas are mailed to the permanent address on file with the University Registrar at the time of diploma production. You can keep your address up to date by using D2L (insert hyperlink). If you have any holds on your account, your diploma will NOT be released. Holds are posted to the myESU portal. Questions can be directed to the billing office at (570) 422-2804.
Can I "walk" during the spring commencement even though I have applied to graduate during the summer?
- Yes. Students completing degrees in August may participate in spring commencement. Students must apply for graduation prior to the deadline for summer graduation.
Is there a commencement ceremony for students who graduate in August?
- No, there is no commencement ceremony in August. You may walk in the May ceremony.
Important dates to consider for the upcoming December 2022 undergraduate degree completion.
- December 22: Final grades are due from professors by 9:00 a.m.
- December 22: is the final date that transcripts for study off-campus must be received by the Student Enrollment Center. Transcripts received in the Student Enrollment Center later than this date will not be counted toward December 2022 graduation. Students who miss this deadline will not be able to graduate with a December 2022 degree conferral and will need to reapply to graduate for the following semester.
- January 16: Final review of graduation requirements. Students with outstanding deficiencies will be notified.
- February 6: (Anticipated) Begin production and distribution of diplomas
If you have not completed the requirements for your degree after grades are posted, you will be notified by regular first class mail. It is imperative to reapply for graduation at the beginning of the semester that you plan to graduate.