The Nutrition certificate program is designed for undergraduate students who wish to acquire further education and hands-on experience in the field of nutrition.
Through this program, undergraduate students will be provided with the opportunity to explore nutrition as it relates to healthy populations, obesity, disordered eating, and athletes of all abilities. Students will therefore acquire knowledge of the importance of integrating nutritional principles into their disciplines across a variety of professions. This certificate can accompany any major on campus.
Program Requirement (14 credits)
Core Courses (11 credits)
- EXSC 447 Sports Nutrition
- EXSC 452 Exercise and Weight Control Workshop
- HLTH 340 Introduction to Nutrition
- HLTH 410 Lifecycle Nutrition
Specialize by choosing
- EXSC 496 Sports Nutrition Practicum or
- HLTH 430 Public Health Nutrition
Total: 14 credits
For more information, please contact Dr. Emily Sauers, firstname.lastname@example.org, (570) 422-3818