East Stroudsburg University has a distinguished history in Exercise Science. The Department of Exercise Science offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and has received endorsement by both the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
We are proud of our undergraduate and graduate courses that provide the students with knowledge and understanding of Exercise Science.
Why ESU Exercise Science?
East Stroudsburg University (ESU) has a rich history of preparing Bachelor of Science students for careers within Exercise Science (EXSC) or for entry into professional education in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Chiropractice Study, Physician Assistant, etc.
What makes ESU EXSC stand-out:
- Contemperary coursework geared toward real-life application
- Hands-on laboratory and practical-based experiences throughout
- State of the art equipment and facilities
- Academic accreditation that demonstrates the highest level of preperation for our students
- Faculty that have worked in the field and provide extensive professional networks
- Hundreds of potential internship opportunities
- Excellent professional and graduate school placement rates over the last 5 years
- Strong workforce placement rates over the last 5 years
About the Department of Exercise Science
The Department of Exercise Science offers programs of study leading to the Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science with a concentration in Exercise Physiology, Sport and Exercise Conditioning or Therapeutic Sciences. Graduate programs are also offered with the Master of Science in Clinical Exercise Physiology and the Master of Science in Exercise Science. The Department of Exercise Science also offers the Sport Performance Coaching Certificate for those students pursuing a career in coaching, while the Advanced Performance and Sport Coaching Certificate is offered for the busy schedules of both graduate students and current coaches.
The degree programs in Exercise Science promote a multidisciplinary approach to the study of exercise science and prepare the student for careers in health and fitness-related fields in both public and private industries.
All of our faculty hold doctoral degrees (Ph.D) and specialize in Sport and Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Clinical Exercise Physiology, and/or Kinesiology. They all undertake research in their respective areas of expertise and all work closely with the students.