About the Program
A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Environmental Studies is a good choice for those who plan to work as environmental consultants, in conservation districts, state and federal environmental agencies, non-governmental organizations or plan on attending graduate school.
A Bachelor of Arts degree in Environmental Studies is a good choice for those who plan to enter fields such as law, journalism, public policy or business. The course requirements for a B.A. in Environmental Studies are designed to leave more room for a double major in a non-science field.
Are you interested in...
- Protecting the environment
- Environmental education
- Working in an interdisciplinary academic field
- Conducting research
Choose Environmental Studies at ESU
- Small advanced class size
- State-of-the-art field and laboratory equipment
- Practical field experiences
- Qualified, experienced faculty
- Participation in ongoing conservation work
- Is environmental studies a career path for me?
- Ecological restoration
- Environmental advocacy
- Soil and water conservation
- Environmental consulting
- Wastewater management
- Wildlife ecology
- Government agencies
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Consulting firms
- Energy firms
- Construction businesses
- Law firms