Art + Design: Create, Integrate, Innovate
Where digital media, emerging technologies, new media, design thinking, hands-on activities and more prepares students for the most creative fields. Push the parameters of your creativity in one of two undergraduate degree programs in Art + Design.
A wide range of options in both digital and traditional studio art and design as well as art history will prepare you to meet the challenges of careers that include graphic design, product design, studio art, arts administration and curatorship.
The BFA and the BA degrees have concentrations in the following areas:
- BFA in Graphic Design
- BFA in Product and Industrial Design
- BFA in Fine and New Media Art
- BA in Art History
The Art + Design Department has:
- Small class sizes mean you don’t get lost in the crowd
- Mentoring by our highly qualified professionally competitive faculty
- Up to date creative digital technology and media
- Open studio environment
- Graphic Design Studio with Mac computers loaded with industry standard design software
- State of the art 3D printing/additive manufacturing lab with several types of 3D printers, laptop and desktop computer lab with professional standard design software
- The Product/Industrial Design Studio is set with top a CNC machine, laser cutter, design-thinking and brainstorming wall, tools, laptops with professional standard design software
- Large, well equipped painting and ceramic studios
- The Madelon Powers Art Gallery is located at the Fine & Performing Arts Center, features an ongoing series of exhibitions by professional artists as well as by students in a 1,000 square foot exhibition space with two-story high ceilings.
- New Mind Design Student Design Agency where you will work on design solutions for real world clients