East Stroudsburg University strives to be an accessible campus.
Under the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its amendments of 2008, and Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, we are committed to providing access to all members of our community with disabilities so that all may fully participate in classes, events and activities and utilize documents, media and websites.
A Campus-Wide Effort
President Welsh designated a campus stakeholder group to implement a three-year, university-wide action plan to achieve compliance with federal accessibility law.
Following improvements begun in 2016 to the primary ESU website, this task force is charged more broadly with improving the accessibility of campus information and communication technology (ICT) as mandated by Section 508.
The ICT Accessibility Task Force will provide the training, resources, tools and support to allow all campus departments and offices to create accessible digital content. Examples of digital products required to be accessible to persons with disabilities include:
Action Plan 2019-2022
The task force is charged with:
- Assuring steady progress toward identified goals
- Formulation of institutional expectations, policies and procedures
- Completion of audits and operational assessments
- Infusion of accessibility awareness and education
- Implementation of identified best practices and universal design strategies
The detailed action plan, including specific plans and goals for the first six months, is available at S:\Accessibility.
Please direct any questions to the campus ICT Accessibility Task Force.
- Campus Address
- University Relations and the Office of Accessible Services Individualized for Students
- Title of Department Leader
- Co-Chairs, ICT Accessibility Task Force
- Maccabee Levine and Kim Roselli