The Sport Performance Coaching certificate program is specifically designed for those pursuing a career in coaching as well as current coaches at the youth, interscholastic, intercollegiate, and professional looking to apply their vast amount of experience with scientific foundations.
Through this program, aspiring and current coaches will advance their knowledge in organization and administration, strength and conditioning techniques, optimal training methods, biomechanical analysis of sport, and contemporary coaching strategies as outlined by the National Council for Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE). Completion of the certificate will improve marketability and employment opportunities for aspiring coaches.
Program Requirement (21 credits)
Core Courses (12 credits)
- EXSC 310 Exercise Physiology I
- EXSC 447 Sport Nutrition
- EXSC 486 or SMGT 486 or PETE 486 or ATEP 486 Field Experience and Internships (3 credits)
- EXSC 495 Coaching Practicum (3 credits)
Additional classes (9 credits)
- EXSC 491 Philosophy of Performance Training and Coaching (Distance Education class) *
- EXSC 492 Principles of Performance Enhancement for Coaching (Distance Education class)*
- EXSC 493 Therapeutic and Physiological Foundations for the Coach (Distance Education class)*
Total: 21 credits