- Policy Title: Expenditures of Public Funds
- Policy Number: ESU-FA-2011-029
- Effective: Date Not Provided
- Adopted: December 6, 2012
- Last Reviewed: August 7, 2015
- Amended: August 7, 2015
- Related Policies: N/A
East Stroudsburg University abides by the Office of the Chancellor Procedure/Standard Number 2011-07 regarding Expenditures of Public Funds Guidelines, Standards and Limits for the universities and the Office of the Chancellor, as authorized by PASSHE Board of Governors Policy 2010-01-A, effective September 1, 2010, as amended with the exception of the following:
- Professional license fees are not a reimbursable expense.
- Professional dues/Individual memberships may be paid with public funds, subject to supervisor and budgetary approval, and only when the professional organization bears a direct relationship and benefit to the employee’s current position duties and the membership offsets the cost of a professional conference that the employee is attending.
Staff Retreats, Workshops, and Training
Retreats, workshops and training sessions must span at least five hours and when it would be disruptive to the success of the event if employees disbursed for lunch or breaks.
Reason for Policy:
The purpose of this policy is to clarify the appropriate and allowable uses of public funds.
Not Specified in Current Policy
Public Funds - All monies received by East Stroudsburg University are public funds, including but not limited to state appropriations; tuition, room, board, and other student fees; restricted and unrestricted gifts; restricted and unrestricted grants; ticket sales from athletic, cultural, or other events; revenue from athletic camps and conferences; corporate sponsorships and investment income.
Other Relevant Information: