Graduate student tuition and fee rates are contingent on your specific academic program and current student status.
The information below will help you find your applicable tuition and fees per semester.
Graduate Tuition and Instruction Per Semester
|Student Type||Per Credit|
|Non-Resident Distance Education Approved Programs*||$597|
**Includes all instructional costs
Resident Tuition $516, Technology Tuition $28, and Instructional Support $43
Non-Resident Tuition $774, Technology Tuition $40, and Instructional Support $43
- Please note tuition is assessed based on student type and not course type.
- Graduate students taking graduate courses pay the graduate rate.
- Graduate students taking undergraduate course pay the graduate rate.
- Graduate students taking both graduate and undergraduate courses pay the graduate rate.
- * Distance Education Approved Programs
Distance Education Approved Programs are:
Extended Learning Approved Programs
- Athletic Training – Professional Practice
- Elementary Education
- National Board Teacher Certification
- Online Teaching Endorsement
- Special Education Supervisory Certification
- Professional & Secondary Education (@ Pocono Mountain SD)
- Professional & Secondary Education (@ Delaware Valley SD)
General Fee Per Semester
The general fee is used to support a variety of instructional and student support programs.
|Student Type||Per Credit (1-8 credits)||Full Time (9 or more credits)|
About the General Fee
The General Fee is charged to all students – resident, non-resident, full-time, part-time, residential, and commuters. It is charged during all sessions including summer and winter and at all course locations. This includes internships, student teaching, and any other off-campus sites.
Graduate students enrolled in the Athletic Training Clinical Practice Distance Ed Program, Reading Distance Ed Program, Computer Science Information Systems, and Professional and New Media Reading Program are charged a reduced rate.
General Fee Exceptions
Since it is a generic fee used to support a variety of instructional and student support programs, waivers are limited to:
- University employees
- Senior citizens participating in the ESU senior citizen tuition waiver program
- Certain exchange students (i.e. National Student Exchange Students) and;
- Students in foreign exchange programs studying abroad
This policy is consistent with existing regulations concerning tuition waiver policies.
Doctoral Program Per Semester
Doctor of Health Science (D.H.Sc.) and Educational Leadership and Administration (Ed.D) Tuition and Fee Rates
|Resident (Per Credit)||$593|
|Non-Resident (Per Credit)||$890|
|General Fee (Per Credit)||$61|
Housing & Dining Fees
Learn about the cost of on-campus housing and dining.