The Student Enrollment Center is open to assist you both virtually and on location in Zimbar-Liljenstein Hall.

The FAQs below may prove helpful in guiding your questions as well as pointing you to the right department or webpage for assistance. Appointments are available.

I did not attend classes for Spring 2024 Semester. How do I register for Fall 2024 Semester?

(Continuing Student) If you did not attend classes for the spring 2024 semester please complete the readmit application. If you attended and completed classes (C grade or higher) at another college or university during the spring semester and wish to transfer courses; please request the college or university to send a final official college transcript to the address below. Please confirm with your ESU advisor the courses you anticipate will transfer to avoid retaking courses already completed.

East Stroudsburg University
University Registrar/Transfer Center
Zimbar Building
200 Prospect Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301

For Final Official Electronic College Transcripts email:

(The college or university must submit directly to ESU)

I do not see my Parent Plus Loans, what next?
If you applied and were approved for a Federal Parent PLUS loan at, when processed it will be posted in the student’s portal/financial aid. It will be reflected on the bill a few days later.
My bill does not appear up-to-date. How can I view my current activity?
See Pay My Bill for detailed instructions on how to view your bill.
Why haven’t my fall 2024 loans disbursed?

If your federal loans have not disbursed, there may be a number of reasons as to why:
Are all requirements satisfied? (please log into your myESU portal > Under the student tab > financial aid requirements.

Have you signed your Master Promissory Note (MPN) and completed your Entrance Counseling Interview? If not, please visit > click the in-school box > select the item you would like to complete > log in using your Student FSA ID to complete these items.

I have an outstanding Independent Request requirement, what do I do?
When completing your FAFSA, you answered “yes” to a question that may deem you an independent student. Please go to > Financial Aid > Forms and complete an Independent Status Request and return to our office with a signed statement indicating your current status and supporting documentation. A new independent status request form must be submitted each year.
I cannot afford to pay my fall 2024 balance, is there more financial aid options?

Parent(s) of dependent students may apply for a Parent PLUS loan to assist their child in paying their balance owed. If the parent is denied for the Parent PLUS loan, the student will be eligible to receive additional unsubsidized loan funds. Parent(s) can complete the Parent PLUS loan application at > click on the parent box > click on apply for a PLUS loan > log in using the Parent FSA ID.

Additionally, students may seek out alternative loan options through

I am trying to register for fall 2024. I have a hold on my account. Can financial aid lift the hold so I can register?
The Office of Financial Aid does not have the ability to lift a financial aid hold. Please contact our billing department at for assistance on paying a past due balance.
If I submit an outstanding requirement today, can you disburse my financial aid today so I can register for classes on my scheduled registration date?

Most financial aid requirements require review by a financial aid staff member. The review process can take a few days to a few weeks, depending on what the requirement is. During high peak times, such as right before and during course registration, many students are trying to complete outstanding requirements, which further extends the time frame of reviewing submitted requirements.

Please make sure you complete all required documents well in advance of your scheduled registration time to allow time for review and processing.

I was informed that I am not eligible for federal financial aid because I am not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Can I still appeal?
SAP appeal forms are available on you MyESU portal. Please contact the Financial Aid Office at for more information.
Can I receive financial aid for winter classes?
Winter classes are not eligible for financial aid as a standalone term. Any credits taken during the winter session will be added to the credits you take during the spring 2025 semester. The total credits during both terms will determine your federal financial aid eligibility for spring 2025.
When can I request a book voucher for winter session classes and fall classes?

We do not offer book vouchers for winter or summer terms.

The fall book voucher request form is available from 4 weeks prior to the first day of classes through the 2nd Friday of the semester. Book vouchers will only be issued to students who have enough financial aid to cover their bill owed, plus the amount of the book voucher.

When will fall financial aid disburse and when will I receive a refund of financial aid funds?

If all financial aid requirements have been satisfied, your fall federal and institutional financial aid will disburse after the last day of drop/add period or Day 8 of the semester.

After your financial aid has disbursed, if you have excess funds, the Billing Office will issue a refund within 10 business days. Students are strongly encouraged to set up Direct Deposit as it will expedite having your funds available to you.

When will my fall PA State Grant disburse?

Due to the certification process that takes place, we must wait until after add/drop and after enrollment is confirmed. This process will occur around the end of end of September.

If you are enrolled in a Q2 course, state aid cannot be released until after the Q2 course has started. 

When can I complete my 2024 - 2025 FAFSA?

The 2024-2025 FAFSA is currently available. To complete your FAFSA please visit

You should complete your 2025 - 2026 FAFSA using your 2022 tax information, as required on the FAFSA. The FAFSA should be available on October 1, 2024. After we have received your FAFSA and provided a financial aid award package, you may contact the Office of Financial Aid to request a special circumstance review (supporting documentation and current tax returns will be requested).

Contact Us

If you have any questions, please contact the Student Enrollment Center at (570) 422-2800. ESU's Title IV Code is 003320.

Contact Information

Campus Address
Zimbar-Liljenstein Hall
(570) 422-2800
(570) 422-2849 (Fax)
Title of Department Leader
Geryl Kinsel