Our mission is to develop beginning educators who make reflective and deliberate decisions that support and extend the learning of all students by providing them with the best preparation for meeting the needs of a diverse population of individuals and their families.
Special Education Pre-K-8 with Dual Certification in Pre-K-4
Assessments within this specific special education program includes, but is not limited to:
- 48 credits; including the required courses below:
- Math 105 [Math Problem Solving for ELED
- Math 205 [Geometry Prek-8]
- ENGL 103 [English Composition]
- Additional course in English Literature [numerous options]
- ECED 232 [Child Development & Cognition]
- PSED 161 [Foundations of Education]
- SPED 102 [Diversity of the Learner]
- SPED 105 [Special Education History and Law]
- Minimum 3.0 GPA;
- Passing scores for ETS Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators [CORE] or Pearson
Pre-Service Academic Performance Assessment [PAPA]
- Or combination with a 500+ in SAT scores; and/or 23+ ACT scores.
- Enrollment in:
- ECED 263 [Foundations of Early Childhood Education}
- Evidence of current:
- CEC membership
- PSEA membership
- Negative TB test results
- Current Clearances including Act 151; Act 34; and Act 114.
Professional Licensure Disclosures and Distance Learning State Authorization: Applicants who are applying to programs that may lead to licensure in states other than Pennsylvania must be aware of the various state professional licensure requirements. Please see ESU's professional licensure disclosures, Evaluation of Conduct Record, and check licensure requirements by occupation and state at CareerOneStop.