Helpful Resources and Websites
Please review the following links for websites related to professional organizations in the field of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services.
- Association for Applied Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) - A membership organization promoting the principles of applied behavior analysis.
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) - Provides resources for leaders in education.
- Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) pass rate data - Provides information on the number of individuals who have passed the BACB exam broken down by year.
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) - The largest international professional organization for individuals working with people with exceptionalities.
- National Rehabilitation Association (NRA) - Professional organization advocating for the rights of individuals with exceptionalities.
- Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) - The Federal office that administers the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Pennsylvania Council for Exceptional Children (PACEC) - Pennsylvania's Chapter of CEC.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) - Information regarding teacher preparation and certification in PA.
- Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network (PaTTAN) - A organization that works with the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Bureau for Special Education to provide resources including materials, professional development and training for individuals working in the field of special education.