Please read all of the instructions carefully to ensure your application can be processed without delay.
- Completed applications will be accepted beginning March 1st and no later than March 31st of each regular spring semester. Applications received before or after March of the current spring semester will NOT be eligible for consideration.
- After submitting your online application, you will receive a confirmation within 1-2 business days that your application has been received.
- The award will be made for the following academic year.
- The scholarship is a monetary award that can be applied directly to your tuition or in the form of a book voucher at the University Store for books and/or supplies.
- The applicant must be a currently enrolled psychology major of at least junior class rank (a minimum of 64 earned credit hours at time of application) having at least one full semester of course work to be completed before graduation (i.e., a graduation date of the fall semester following the March 31st application due date or later).
- The applicant must have a major grade point average of 3.0 or better and an overall grade point average of at least 2.75.
- The applicant must demonstrate active participation in Psi Chi: The International Honor Society in Psychology and/or the Psychology Association. Additionally, the applicant must demonstrate activity in at least one other university-wide organization.
The scholarship recipients will be determined by a three-person committee formed by the Psychology Department. The committee will select a chairperson who will have the responsibility of soliciting and compiling applications, calling meetings and notifying the ESU Foundation, the scholarship creators, and the recipient of the award.
The scholarship endowment is funded by contributions made payable to and managed by the ESU Foundation. The award will be supported from annual investment earnings and the principal will not be spent. No change in the value of the scholarship can be made without the consent of Dr. Donna Hodge.