Track - M.Ed. in Advanced Sports Performance Coaching
Students who choose this track gain research-based knowledge and practical skills that will enhance their ability to coach athletes and to contribute to the profession through contemporary programming, curriculum development, presentations, publications, research and mentoring.
Courses are offered through the collaboration of the Department of Exercise Science and Professional and Secondary Education. The programs are accredited:
- Exercise Science-Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs
- Professional and Secondary Education - Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
To successfully complete the program, you will demonstrate that you are a reflective practitioner by completing the courses with a 3.0 or 3.25 cumulative QPA. You want to meet with the PSED faculty and the Exercise Science faculty to discuss your professional goals.
Major Steps in the Process
- APPLY: Apply to the Graduate Program in Professional and Secondary Education, and identify your track as Advanced Sports Performance Coaching.
- START: Once you are accepted into the program, complete a couple core courses or contact a PSED adviser to discuss your career goals.
- Plan of Study: After taking 9-12 credits, meet with your adviser to assist you to complete the Plan of Study form. The plan of study will be signed by you, your adviser, graduate coordinator, department chair, and graduate director. Your signed Plan of Study will be sent by email. Please retain the Plan of Study for your records.
- Complete Courses on your Plan of Study or work with your adviser to make modifications.
- Finishing Up - Last Semester: Apply for Graduation in the first month of your last semester. Look at for the email or contact the graduate office for information.
For further information about the program, please contact:
Dr. Shawn Munford, firstname.lastname@example.org