Got Questions? We Have Answers
- What STEM degrees can a Clear Path Scholar major in?
Scholarships will only be provided to students majoring in the following STEM degrees: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Computer Security, Environmental Studies, Marine Science, Mathematics, and Physics--secondary education concentrations may be eligible-- contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- I am not majoring in a Clear Path major at my community college - can I still be a
Clear Path Scholar?Absolutely! The majors specified are majors at ESU. You can be majoring in any major at your community college including undeclared
- Psychology and Biology are also science degrees at ESU, can I get a scholarship if
I major in these degrees?Unfortunately, students majoring in psychology and biology are not being considered for this scholarship. Nor are students majoring in health science degrees.
- How is financial need going to be determined?All interested applicants need to complete a FAFSA application. This is the information that will be used to determine financial need.
- I know I have some financial need, as I qualify for a subsidized student loan, but
I don’t think it is $10,000 worth a year. Should I still apply?Absolutely. Though you will only received as much scholarship money up to $10,000 as demonstrated by financial need, partial scholarships will be awarded.
- Will I be required to attend Clear Path events outside of class time?Yes, part of this program will help mentor you, provide you with training, and offer other activities designed to help maximize your success. Some are required, others are optional. None will require more than a few extra hours a semester.
- I heard at ESU that no-cost tutors are only available for lower level classes. Will
I be able to get a tutor for upper level STEM classes if I am a Clear Path Scholar?
How much will it cost?There will be no cost for Clear Path Scholars to have a tutor for upper level (300/400) STEM classes.
- Can international students apply?Clear Path Scholars must be citizens of the United States, nationals of the United States (as defined in section 101(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), aliens admitted as refugees under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
- How long do I need to be at my community college before I can qualify as a Clear Path
Scholar at ESU?While there is no time requirement, every Clear Path Scholar must have accumulated 45 credits at the community college by the time they begin at ESU. Credits may be added as late as the summer prior to transferring to ESU.
- My GPA isn't super. Can I still be a Clear Path Scholar?Clear Path Scholars are selected using a number of criteria. GPA is only one component in scholar selection - a minimum community college GPA is not specified.
- How many courses/credits will I be taking?Clear Path Scholars must maintain full time status. Full time students must register for a minimum of 12 credits each semester.
- I am not sure how to write a personal statement. What should I include?Your personal statement should explain why you wish to pursue your education in your selected STEM field. What is it in your life experiences that has influenced you and placed you on this path? What are your goals and why have you set those goals?
Contact: email@example.com with questions