CMS Login

Undergraduate Tuition

Image Caption

2017 - 2018 Tuition

Please note tuition is assessed based on student type and not course type. That is:

  • Undergraduate students taking undergraduate courses, pay the undergraduate rate
  • Undergraduate students taking graduate courses, pay the undergraduate rate
  • Undergraduate students taking a mixture of undergraduate and graduate courses, pay the undergraduate rate

The chart below shows actual costs for Pennsylvania and non-Pennsylvania residents during the 2017-2018 academic year for each semester.

All costs are subject to change.

CreditsPA ResidentsNon-Residents*
1 $  312 $  780
2 $  624 $1,560
3 $  936 $2,340
4 $1,248 $3,120
5 $1,560 $3,900
6 $1,872 $4,680
7 $2,184 $5,460
8 $2,496 $6,240
9 $2,808 $7,020
10 $3,120 $7,800
11 $3,432 $8,580
12-18 $3,746 $9,365

The full-time undergraduate tuition fee covers a normal academic load between 12 and 18 credit hours per semester.

Details about other fees that are related to tuition can be found here. These include the General Fee, Technology Fee and Transportation Fee.

*Non-resident rates will be adjusted based on individual awards and scholarships. Please check your 2017-2018 award letter for more information. For more details on non-resident tuition award and scholarship eligibility, please visit

Meal Plans

Students will be able to choose from 5 different meal plans. Please access the Meal Plan page to see current plans and rates. The 19 meal plan is pre-assigned to students living on campus. Changes and/or additions to meal plans and dining dollars can be made through the myESU portal page.

Contact Sherry Back at or (570) 422-3998 for any meal plan questions.

Housing Rates

Students must sign-up for on campus housing each year (Fall & Spring) through their myESU portal page. Please access the Housing page to see current rates.

Contact David Campbell at or 570-422-3867 for any housing questions.

The fees and charges set forth herein are subject to adjustment at any time. Questions regarding rates and fees should be directed to the University Bursar.