Career Exploration is the process of...
- Learning about yourself and the world of work
- Identifying and exploring potentially satisfying occupations
- Developing an effective strategy to realize your goals
Whether you are starting your undergraduate education, entering a graduate program, or changing fields, self-discovery is a great place to start to shaping your future goals.
- Identify your skills, interests, and values to discover career paths that are a good match
- Seek out academics and activities related to your career interests
- Connect with career development resources
Discover what you enjoy doing and the skills and talents you possess. Match these skills and talents with career possibilities. Pick a variety of career fields you would be interested in and investigate them. Research companies and career paths.
Career resources include company research web sites, career search sites, specific business search sites, job outlook salary surveys and other career exploratory tools.
Have you been offered a job? Please share your success story with us and all your peers!