ESU partners with Advenser Technology Services, Inc. to offer professional development training in Building Information Modeling (BIM).
The Building Information Modeling (BIM) lab is located at East Stroudsburg University’s state-of-the-art Innovation Center located at 562 Independence Road, East Stroudsburg, PA.
BIM training is offered at multiple levels ranging from BIM for Beginners to BIM Advanced Proficiency trainings. BIM knowledge prepares trainees for exciting careers and job advancement at leading employers in architecture, engineering, design and construction industries around the world.
WEDnetPA Training Grants Available
Pennsylvania companies interested in providing BIM training for their employees may qualify for up to $2,000 per person for eligible training. Learn about WEDnetPA training grants or contact (570) 422-7956 for more information.
What is Building Information Modeling (BIM)?
BIM is a streamlined collaborative workflow of modeling technology used in architecture, engineering, design and construction industries that requires all parties associated with a project to collaborate and share information. Often referred to as “working in a BIM environment” parties have access to a mutually accessible online space and well-structured information models from project inception to completion.
Why is BIM important to architecture, engineering, design and construction industries?
BIM Is often referred to as “an agent for change.” It addresses many industry challenges including cost inefficiencies, missed deadlines, and ineffective communication and collaboration associated with design, construction and operational tasks.
What is the main advantage of BIM implementation?
Major advantages include:
BIM Classes from ESU and Advenser
Who can enroll in the BIM Classes?
BIM training classes are designed for adult students and are taught on a college level. The minimum requirement to take BIM training classes is a high school diploma or GED and 18 years of age prior to enrollment. Advanced training in BIM is designed for professionals working in engineering, architecture, design and construction industries and does include pre-requisites for enrollment.
- What courses are offered through the BIM professional development program?
There are many levels of BIM Training including:
- Basic Course: BIM for Beginners
- Advanced Courses:
- BIM for Proficiency Training
- BIM for Civil & Environmental Engineering
- BIM for Structural Engineering
- BIM for Precast Engineering
- BIM for Facade Engineering
- BIM for Steel Detailing
- BIM for Building Utility Services
- BIM Manager Training
- 3D Scanning BIM Conversion
- Is funding available to support BIM training?
Companies in Pennsylvania interested in having employees trained in BIM may be eligible for funding through the Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA). Created by the PA Department of Community and Economic Development, the program provides up to $2,000 per person for training that is “skill-building for employee’s current job or for an advancement or promotion.”
- What skills will I have from completing the BIM training?
- Ability to explain the opportunities and benefits of the BIM digitization and lean approach
- Clear vision, purpose and implementation strategies
- In-depth hands-on business cases for BIM
- Will I earn university credit towards a degree if I enroll in BIM classes?
No, you will not earn formal university credit towards any degree at ESU. However, non-credit classes, including those in BIM, can be a useful stepping-stone in pursuit of future academic degree credentials.
- Are part-time/weekend training sessions available for BIM training?Yes, weekend and week-day evening sessions are available.
- Are BIM professional development trainings available on-line and can I participate
in the training from countries outside of the United States?Yes, the course will be made available online and students globally can take the BIM training program upon fulfilling eligibility criteria.
- Where is Advenser Technology Services Inc. located?
Advenser Technology Services (ATS), Inc. is located at Five Neshaminy Interplex, STE 205, Trevose, PA 19053, USA.
ATS also has an office and a BIM Training Lab located in the East Stroudsburg University Innovation Center, 562 Independence Road, East Stroudsburg, PA 18360
- Once all requirements are completed, will I receive a formal BIM certificate of completion?
Yes, once you have completed all of the requirements, a formal certificate of completion signed by Advenser Technology Services Inc. in collaboration with East Stroudsburg University will be granted.
- Are there any costs in addition to the application fees?
Travel and hotel accommodations, if required, are the responsibility of the student.
- If Advenser Technology Services, Inc. cancels a course due to low enrollment, will
I be reimbursed for my shipping costs and for the cost of for training materials being
returned. (Applicable for online sessions only)
Yes, you will be reimbursed for your shipping costs along with the cost of the item being returned.
Who should I contact for more information or questions regarding BIM Training?
Contact the ESU Innovation Center at (570) 422-7956 for more information.