The goals of the Program are to:
- Prepare students for competent generalist social work practice that promotes human and community well-being, and embraces a person and environment construct through the program emphasis on the requisite knowledge, professional values and skills.
- Serve as a resource to the community which is accomplished in several ways including:
- Engaging in scientific inquiry with local and regional community partners that seeks to expand knowledge, improve service delivery, enhance quality of life, and advance human rights.
- Contributing social work interns and program graduates to the community that are prepared to address the needs within it.
- Prepare baccalaureate-level social workers for generalist practice that is committed to utilizing a strengths perspective.
East Stroudsburg University was granted Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Reaffirmation of Accreditation of the Bachelor of Science in Social Work (BSSW) program for 8 years in June 2019.
All CSWE programs measure and report student learning outcomes (see Form AS4(B) ).
- John Kraybill-Greggo, Ph.D., M.S.W., L.S.W., A.C.S.W., Department Chair & Program Director
- Hanif Bey, D.S.W., M.S.W.
- Laurene Clossey, Ph.D., M.S.W., L.C.S.W., A.C.S.W.
- Barbara Collins, Ph.D., M.S.W., L.C.S.W., B.C.D.
- Michelle DiLauro, Ph.D., M.S.W., L.C.S.W., Field Director
- Hope Horowitz, M.S.W., L.S.W.
- Chin Hu, Ph.D.
- Lloyd Lyter, Ph.D., M.S.W., L.S.W.
- Reto Muller, Ph.D.
- Hooshang Pazaki, Ph.D.
More detailed career information is available from the department.