The goals of the Program are to:
- Prepare students for competent generalist social work practice that promotes human and community well-being, and embraces a person and environment construct through the program emphasis on the requisite knowledge, professional values and skills.
- Serve as a resource to the community which is accomplished in several ways including:
- Engaging in scientific inquiry with local and regional community partners that seeks to expand knowledge, improve service delivery, enhance quality of life, and advance human rights.
- Contributing social work interns and program graduates to the community that are prepared to address the needs within it.
- Prepare baccalaureate-level social workers for generalist practice that is committed to utilizing a strengths perspective.
East Stroudsburg University was granted Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Initial Accreditation of the Bachelor of Science in Social Work (BSSW) program in June 2015.
All CSWE programs measure and report student learning outcomes (see Form AS4(B) ).
- John Kraybill-Greggo, Ph.D., M.S.W., L.S.W., A.C.S.W., Department Chair & Program Director
- Hanif Bey, M.S.W.
- Laurene Clossey, Ph.D., M.S.W., L.C.S.W., A.C.S.W.
- Barbara Collins, Ph.D., M.S.W., L.C.S.W., B.C.D.
- Michelle DiLauro, Ph.D., M.S.W., L.C.S.W., Field Director
- Hope Horowitz, M.S.W., L.S.W.
- Chin Hu, Ph.D.
- Lloyd Lyter, Ph.D., M.S.W., L.S.W.
- Reto Muller, Ph.D.
- Hooshang Pazaki, Ph.D.
More detailed career information is available from the department.