The Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) Group's mission is to promote the use of, and educate students and the community about, Green Stormwater Infrastructure.
Ultimately the use of GSI reduces water pollution, erosion and flooding while increasing the recharge rate of aquifers making more clean drinking water available.
Please contact Paul Wilson (Biology) with any questions about the Green Stormwater Infrastructure Group.
Collect information on existing GSI techniques applied on campus.
- Promote increase of native plantings and decrease lawns on campus.
- Use of various GSI techniques to deal with runoff from hard surfaces.
- Explore the possibility of removing selective hard surfaces from campus.
- Explore the use of permeable pavement where applicable when making repairs and upgrades.
- Add rain gardens.
- Use decorative rain barrels to collect water for use on campus.
- Conserve and restore vernal pool habitat on campus.
- Involve students in all aspects of this work where applicable.