Move Out Collection Volunteer Sign-up
We need volunteers to help with the 2022 Move-Out collection!
During finals week, students living in the Residence Halls will have the opportunity to donate reusable items they are not taking back home with them. Items collected will sold in Yard Sales on campus in June and in the fall with proceeds benefitting the Warrior Food Pantry. Sign up here to help with the collection!!
Move-Out Collection 2022
- 2022 Donate It-Don't Dump It campaign will take place May 3-7, 2022
- Keep an eye open for collection boxes at Residence Halls during that week!
NOW!! Recycle your used or broken writing utensils (with or without caps). We can recycle all brands of pens, mechanical pencils and markers (permanent, dry erase, highlighters or water based).
Drop off your items in any collection envelope you may see on campus or mail them
via interoffice mail to:
Maria Cohen - SciTech 341 - Physics Department
Single Stream Recycling
One of the main goals of the recycling committee is to raise awareness of items that can be recycled and items that cannot be recycled. To accomplish this we have posted lists of acceptable and unacceptable items above garbage/recycling bins within academic buildings. We are also looking into better labeling on the collection bins to make it clearer as to where to put garbage and recyclable items. We are also exploring ways to reduce the use of plastic.
Since 2014, the Recycling Committee has collected gently-used sneakers and soccer shoes. People can donate gently-used athletic shoes at two campus locations:
The collected shoes are sent to the MORE foundation, which sales them to generate funds to assist poor farmers and villages in West Africa and Central America and for forest regeneration.
Collection of Items from Residence Halls
This program is geared to reduce waste at Move-Out time from Residence Halls during finals week of the spring semester.
Results from the 2019 collection and sales:
- 54 copy paper sized boxes of donated non-perishable food items that were directly donated to the Warrior Food Pantry.
- clothing, household items and office supplies collected, sorted and sold at the three fall Warrior Yard Sales. Remaining items were donated to the Warrior Closet and the Salvation Army.
- $450 in proceeds donated to the Warrior Food Pantry.
- $1000 in proceeds for operation expenses (storage, student workers and supplies) for the 2022 Donate It-Don't Dump It drive.
The Recycling Group aims to reduce waste at ESU and in the surrounding community by working with student groups, faculty, staff, and interested community members to increase recycling and the reuse of materials.
Please contact Jeff Hardy (History & Geography) with any questions about the Recycling Group.