2023 Early Arrival Program, August 23-25, 2023
The Men of Color Alliance (MOCA) at East Stroudsburg University facilitates its Early Arrival Program (EAP) to promote the successful transition to the collegiate environment. With an emphasis on learning about resources and strategies while developing strong leadership and professional skills, MOCA is committed to helping underrepresented men achieve success throughout their time on campus.
Over a three-day period, EAP students participate in workshops and presentations on priority management, development of peer and professional relationships, the importance of asking for help, and accessing and utilizing resources. Learning from current students, faculty, staff, and community members, EAP students are given the tools, resources, and support to immediately pursue and achieve academic excellence in support of their future career goals.
- Educate men of color through a structured, tiered program designed to help them navigate the resources1. Educate men of color through a structured, tiered program designed to help them navigate the resources
- Assist with the personal transition from high school to college
- Strengthen a student’s connection and self-awareness to ESU and its resources
- Heighten the awareness of the college culture, particularly as men of color at the university
- Develop a greater understanding of inter-group importance as well as academic and personal skills needed to support their college success.
EAP Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to identify the importance of maintaining relationships with advisors, faculty, staff, students, and ESU community members.
- Students will identify academic support and services available at ESU.
- Students will be able to identify career options that can impact life opportunities.
- Students will be able to understand the academic & social requirements needed to be successful.