WARRIORfish is a comprehensive cloud-based software platform that will provide a centralized location for faculty and staff to view student information regarding advising, early alerts, and student performance analytics.
Training Materials for Faculty & Staff
Creating a Profile and Appointment Preferences
The first step to using WARRIORfish is to update your profile with your office hours, contact information, and other details.
Keep in mind that these hours will sync with your Outlook or Office 365 calendars so you do not have to worry about overlapping appointments. Once an appointment is made via WARRIORfish, it will appear on your Outlook calendar as well.
Flags and Kudos
When you raise a flag or kudo (manually), it will be saved to the student’s WARRIORfish record. This will generate an email to the student regarding the flag or kudo. Any comments you provide on the flag or kudo will be included in the email to the student. The flag raiser and other applicable members of the student’s success network will be able to view a journal of the activity on the flag for the student.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I change my appointment location to Zoom while working remotely?To change your location to a virtual Zoom meeting room, you must first add your Zoom meeting room URL as a location in the Appointment Preferences section. Then, edit your existing office hour blocks to reflect your change of location. If you need further assistance, please refer to the instruction sheet or contact Allison Zettlemoyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why are we using WARRIORfish?WARRIORfish is a communication platform and retention tool that provides you with a way to better connect and engage with students you are connected to within the campus community.
- Do students see other students' flags, kudos, or referrals?No, students can only see their own information on their Student Dashboard. WARRIORfish is FERPA-compliant.
- After raising a flag for a student, how will I know that the issue has been resolved?You can track outcomes by using the Tracking sub-tab under the Students tab. The person who resolved the flag has the option of "closing the loop" which would provide you with a note via email stating that the issue has been resolved. Clearing flags is not required, but considered a best practice. Remember that just because a student's flag is not cleared does not mean they have not taken to appropriate steps to do so.
- How do I get more detail on a student?Any time you see a student's name as a hyperlink (either in an email or on your Dashboard), this hyperlink will lead you to the student's folder where you will be able to view current contact information, notes recorded by you or shared with you, and academic progress items.
- What happens after I make a referral for a student?When you make a referral, the student receives an email notification indicating that you have referred them to a particular campus office. That campus office will also receive an automated email with information and applicable details regarding the student that was referred to them. They will then reach out to the referred student as needed.
- Can I change how and why I am emailed from WARRIORfish?Yes, you can change your email notification settings by clicking on Profile in WARRIORfish and then navigating to the Email Notifications tab.
- Do I need to run my class differently because we are using WARRIORfish?No, you will still conduct your courses as usual. WARRIORfish is not meant to replace face-to-face interactions, but is meant to enhance communication with your students and to help ensure their success at ESU.
- Will I still be using Degree Works to advise students?
Yes, Degree Works will be used in conjunction with WARRIORfish to help provide optimal support to students.
Who do I contact if I have problems with WARRIORfish?
Email email@example.com or call Allison Zettlemoyer at (570) 422-2748.