East Stroudsburg University Project Upward Bound operates in two sessions: academic year and summer program.
During the academic year, students report to a bi-weekly Saturday session on the campus of East Stroudsburg University.
During these times, they participate in three classes (English, Math, Personal Development/Careers), receive tutoring, and attend several workshops related to such topics as careers, colleges, and personal development.
They use university facilities and may also attend University–sponsored activities on campus.
During the summer, students participate in the six–week residential component, which allows them to experience college on a smaller scale.
The students will:
- Reside in one of the University residence halls
- Eat their meals in the cafeteria
- Attend classes during the day
- Receive tutoring
- Participate in structured evening activities, and
- Attend various trips and college visits
Students enroll in courses they will take in the upcoming school year, such as:
- Foreign languages, and
- A variety of other Electives
Upward Bound's Fall and Summer programs give students a head start, a start Non–Upward Bound students don't necessarily have.
- Campus Address
- 285 Normal Street
- (570) 422-3477
- (570) 422-3432 (Fax)
- Title of Department Leader
- Director Upward Bound
- Professor Janine Hyde-Broderick