The Department of Sport Management offers a bachelor of science degree with a major in Sport Management.
This program prepares students for professional careers in the sports management industry.
The program provides students with many options and considerable flexibility in course selection, depending on interest and goals.
Course offerings are extensive and there are opportunities for internships in professional sports, college athletics, amateur and Olympic athletics, and recreation sport.
- Students transferring into the program (on campus) must have a 2.5 overall quality point average and all grades “C” or better in major and corequisites.
- SMGT 201 and all corequisites must be completed with a “C” or better before 60 credits.
- Sport Management majors must attain an overall quality point average and a major point average of 2.5 for enrollment in SMGT 486 (internship) and graduation.
The Sport Management Accelerated Pathways Program offers qualified undergraduate Sport Management students with at least junior standing to take graduate coursework that will apply to both bachelor’s and master’s degrees:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Sport Management and Master of Science (MS) in Sport Management, and
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Sport Management and Master of Science (MS) in Management and Leadership Sport Management Concentration.
Students accepted to the Accelerated Pathways Program can save time and money to earn both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in five years.
To apply for the Sport Management Accelerated Pathways Program, students must:
- Be enrolled in Bachelor of Science (BS) in Sport Management program
- Have a minimum of 45 credits but no more than 60 credits at ESU
- Have a minimum 3.40 overall GPA
Additional Requirement: Student accepted to the Accelerated Pathways Program must maintain a minimum of 3.40 overall GPA and receive a B or higher grade in graduate courses in order to count credits toward Master’s degree.