- All M.Ed. Tracks
- Secondary Teacher Certification
- Online Endorsement
- Leadership & Administration Ed.D
Track - M.Ed. in Advanced Sports Performance Coaching
Students who choose this track gain research-based knowledge and practical skills that will enhance their ability to coach athletes and to contribute to the profession through contemporary programming, curriculum development, presentations, publications, research and mentoring.
Courses are offered through the collaboration of the Department of Exercise Science and Professional and Secondary Education. The programs are accredited:
- Exercise Science-Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs
- Professional and Secondary Education - Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
To successfully complete the program, you will demonstrate that you are a reflective practitioner by completing the courses with a 3.0 or 3.25 cumulative QPA. You want to meet with the PSED faculty and the Exercise Science faculty to discuss your professional goals.
Major Steps in the Process
- APPLY: Apply to the Graduate Program in Professional and Secondary Education, and identify your track as Advanced Sports Performance Coaching.
- START: Once you are accepted into the program, complete a couple core courses or contact a PSED advisor to discuss your career goals.
- Plan of Study: After taking 6-9 credits, meet with your advisor to determine the courses that align to your career goals. The plan of study will be signed by you, the graduate coordinator, department chair, and graduate director. Your signed Plan of Study will be sent by email. Please retain the Plan of Study for your records.
- Complete Courses on your Plan of Study or work with your advisor to make modifications.
- Finishing Up - Last Semester: Apply for Graduation - this is in the beginning of your last semester.
For further information about the program, please contact:
Dr. Shawn Munford, firstname.lastname@example.org