The academic calendar is divided into fall and spring semesters of approximately 15 weeks each and summer and winter sessions of varying length. The last week of the fall and spring semesters is set aside for final examinations.
The holidays and vacations observed by the university are noted below. Spring break is the week following the spring semester midterm.
- 5 Fall 2024 Bill Due
- 24 Residence Halls Open
- 26 Fall 2024 Classes Begin
- 29 Last Day to Drop Quarter 1 Course as No Grade
- 29 Last Day to Add Quarter 1 Course
- 30 Quarter 1 Withdraw (W) Grade Period Begins
- 2 Labor Day - No Classes
- 3 Classes Resume
- 3 Last Day to Drop Semester Course as No Grade
- 3 Last Day to Add Semester Course
- 4 Semester Withdrawal (W) Grade Begins
- 27 Last Day to Withdraw (W) from Quarter 1 Course
- 7 Midterm Grade Links Open for Faculty
- 14 Fall Break - No Classes
- 15 Fall Break - No Classes
- 16 Quarter 1 Ends
- 17 Quarter 2 Begins
- 20 Last Day to Drop a Quarter 2 course as No Grade
- 20 Last Day to Add Quarter 2 Course
- 21 Quarter 2 Withdraw (W) Grade Period Begins
- 21 Faculty Deadline to Submit Midterm Grades to Registrar's Office by 9:00 a.m.
- 31 Last Day to Withdraw (W) from Semester Course
- 31 Spring 2025 Registration Begins
- 31 Winter 2025 Registration Begins
- 19 Last Day to Withdraw (W) from Quarter 2 Course
- 20 Thanksgiving Break Begins - No Classes
- 25 Classes Resume
- 5 Final Grade Links Open for Faculty
- 9 Quarter 2 Ends
- 10 Final Exam Week Begins
- 14 Fall Semester Ends
- 15 Residence Halls Close
- 20 Faculty deadline to Submit Final Grades to Registrar's Office by 9:00 a.m.
*All calendar dates are subject to change.