A Peer Mentor (PM) leads a group of approximately 30 new students throughout the first semester of their experience at ESU.
The Peer Mentor relationship begins during Warrior Induction Weekend and ends at the conclusion of the fall semester.
All Peer Mentors are CRLA certified upon completion of the peer mentor training.
The primary mission of the Peer Mentor Program is to ease the transition of new students to East Stroudsburg University so that they may succeed personally, socially, and academically.
Additionally, the program helps each new student connect with other peers and an upper-class mentor, and ultimately the institution as a whole.
Objectives of the Peer Mentor Program:
- To acquaint each student with East Stroudsburg University—its structure, services, and personalities.
- To provide support to instructors teaching First Year Experience.
- To help new students connect with other peers and at least one upper-class student in a meaningful, positive way.
- To assist the student in personal assessment of his/her abilities and support their transition academically, socially, and personally.
- To promote attendance at out-of-class academic and cultural events.
- To promote participation in meaningful campus activities.