The Department of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) offers a range of counseling services designed to enhance the educational, vocational, personal, social and emotional well-being of students at East Stroudsburg University. The professional staff at CAPS can help you gain the self-knowledge and skills you need to get the most out of life and your experience at the university.
Individuals come to us to discuss a wide range of concerns including:
- Family issues
- Relationship problems
- Career decisions
- Academic difficulties
- Problems with eating, alcohol, drugs, and other issues
Any concerns can be discussed confidentially with a counselor to enhance psychological growth and increase problem solving skills.
CAPS services are available to enrolled students. All services are free of charge with the exception of fees associated with national exams. Services generally are offered by appointment; however, there are provisions for accommodating emergencies.
The Counseling and Psychological Services office is located on the second floor of the Flagler- Metzgar Center. To schedule and appointment or to ask questions, you can contact us at:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Getting Started at CAPS
We have information and resources available for students and their families as well as faculty and staff members within the university community:
- Clinical Services
- A listing of services offered to assist students in managing the demands and developmental challenges of college life.
- Self Help
- Links to virtual pamphlets and screenings that allow you to assess yourself regarding either generalized anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Parents Information
- Information for parents that can aid them in their student’s transition to college, help identify if their student is struggling, and assistance in accessing services.
- Referral Information
- Information for university faculty and staff to help identify and aid students who may be in need of mental health services.
- Answers to our most frequently asked questions about Counseling and Psychological Services.
- Meet Our Psychologists
- Read about our backgrounds and interests areas.