Questions? Kudos? Concerns? Inquire about items of a general nature, the answers to which can be helpful to you and other ESU parents. Inquiries will be reviewed and responses will be provided.

You are encouraged to direct specific, individual items to the offices or departments that handle and can best address your needs. For example: questions about tuition, fees and financial aid should be directed to the Student Enrollment Center, questions about housing should be directed to the Office of Residential & Dining Services. Find these and other university offices and departments here: Faculty and Staff and Academic Departments.

How can my student access transportation to and from New Jersey?

Martz Trailways services New Jersey and the Pocono region schedules.

Taxis can take students to and from the bus terminal near the University.

Taxis can take students to and from New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.

Where can I find information about restaurants in the Poconos?

Here is a link to the Pocono Mountains Vacation Bureau webpage that lists a variety of restaurants in the Monroe County, PA area. Enjoy your meal!

Is local transportation available to ESU students?

Local Bus Service | Monroe County Transit Authority:
(570) 839-6282
Whether taking the bus for shopping or commuting, the Monroe County Transit Authority (MCTA) is the public transportation provider for Monroe County.

Convenient access is available at Smith and Normal streets (by Kemp Library). MCTA (a.k.a. the Pocono Pony) has stops throughout the county. Popular destinations include shopping, restaurants and recreation areas.

Interactive route information, using addresses or points of interest, may be found using Google Maps or on the MCTA website. Students with valid ESU ID qualify for a reduced fare. Route maps and schedules may be found at the University Police office.

How does my student receive mail and packages?

Mail is delivered (Monday-Friday) by the US Postal Service to each residence hall. The mail is then distributed to assigned mailboxes. The mailbox number is the same as the room number.
Use the following address EXAMPLE for mailing:

Jane Doe
East Stroudsburg University
Hall Name, Suite or Room #
200 Prospect Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301

The campus is also serviced by private package companies for deliveries only. (UPS, Federal Express, DHL, etc.) A student who has a package or parcel will receive a notice in his/her mailbox from the Resident Director’s staff in the residence hall. The student then goes to the residence hall mailroom and picks up the item. Packages that do not fit in the mailbox are held in the Residence Hall mailroom.

All UPS and FEDEX packages are delivered directly to the residence halls and are signed for by the Resident Directors staff, usually someone in the front office or at the front desk.

For more information, contact the mailroom at: (570) 422-3093.

Is a student required to have a printer? Does ESU have a central printing center for student use? If so, how many copies per semester are students allowed?
All ESU computer labs have printers. ESU students receive 500 copies (equivalent of $50) added to their eCards each semester. After those 500 copies are exhausted, students must add additional printing funds to their eCards and can do so by visiting PrintESU. Students often chose to bring an inkjet printer, but that is not necessary. If a student brings a printer, he/she should bring a cable to attach it to his/her computer to print. ESU does not recommend using a wireless printer feature.
Do suites in Hemlock, Hawthorne, or Sycamore have full kitchens?
The kitchenette does not include a refrigerator or microwave; students should bring those; however, each floor within the building has a full kitchen that is available for student use.
Does the University prefer that students use a MAC or a PC laptop? Which is preferable?

Either a MAC or a PC is fine. Depending on the area of study, one might be better than the other. Calls to discuss this further are welcomed at either phone number listed below.

A good resource for students if they have questions about ESU Computing and Communications Services is:

Help Desk
Office Desktop Computing, E-Mail
(570) 422-3789 or (570) 422-3857

Are tuition bills sent to the home mailing address or are they sent online?
Student bills are sent to the student's ESU email address. Students should regularly check their "myESU Portal" and their ESU email messages for important information from the University.
Does ESU have student laptop recommendations?

Full specifications for different computer models can be found by visiting Academic Computing.

For more information and assistance, contact: Help Desk, 303 Stroud Hall , (570) 422-3789,

Where can I find the 2021-2022 academic calendar with information about the Labor Day holiday, class dates, and other calendar information?
The ESU Academic Calendar provides significant dates for the academic year. The calendar can be found here (click on the semester you want to view): ESU Academic Calendar.
What are the guidelines regarding remaining funds on a student’s E.card and meal plan at the end of a semester/academic year?

E.dollars will roll over into next semester; the student does not lose E.dollars, ever.

Dining Dollars must be used by the last day of the Spring semester, or students will lose those funds. On the first day of the summer break Dining Dollars will be lost. Center Court is offering bulk items for those students that want to expend their remaining Dining Dollars. There are no refunds for unused Dining Dollars.

For additional information, access:
E.card, or if you wish to speak to the ESU Campus Card Center Assistant Director, Mr. Robert Fetterly, you may reach him at: (570) 422-2991,

Meal Plan FAQ’s, or call: (570) 422-3998.

When will my incoming freshman be assigned a student mentor?
Typically new students receive upper class mentors on August 1st.
My child is graduating this semester. Are tickets necessary, if so how many can he get for family members?

Graduation Services can be of assistance to parents of graduating students.

Also, you can ask for answers to your commencement questions here:

What are the guidelines for completing the ESU Report of Medical History form and acquiring student access to university health services?

ESU Health Services requires that all incoming students, including transfer students, submit the Report of Medical History form, which includes immunization history, by August 1. There are many academic majors that will require this information during the course of study including education, health sciences, (such as nursing, psychology, speech and hearing, athletic training, and exercise science), as well as many internships and academic placements. It is recommended that all students gather this information and submit it to avoid postponements in class schedules. The Report of Medical History is mandatory for all international students.

In addition to the Report of Medical History form, Pennsylvania law requires all students residing in university-owned housing to have received meningitis vaccination or be informed of the risks and benefits of the vaccine. This is to be completed when submitting the housing application.

All currently-enrolled students are eligible to access health care at University Health Services, located in the ExpressCare at Lehigh Valley Hospital- Pocono, right across the street from campus.

How can a parent access a student's portal?
The ESU Computing Services Help Desk can assist you at (570) 422-3789.
Is there a way to view my student's class progress online during the semester?
Please use the links below for information about parental access to student records:

Contact Us

Please contact Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence with any questions about these resources for parents & families.

Contact Information

Campus Address
Reibman Administration Building
(570) 422-3542
(570) 422-3933 (Fax)
Title of Department Leader
Office of Admissions