The mission of the Center for Multicultural Affairs and Inclusive Education is to educate the East Stroudsburg University student population on issues of diversity, inclusion and cultural competence. To further the University’s mission and goals, CMA&IE will empower students to engage in holistic learning opportunities that will build a platform for lifelong learning in a global society.
The CMA&IE will support the implementation of social, cultural, and academic programs that:
- Support the retention and graduation rates of students of color,
- Develop essential leadership, communication and other socials skills for students of color, and
- Enhance student awareness of diverse cultures and foster respect for cultural diversity
- Design and implement student learning initiatives that enable students to develop multicultural competence and knowledge while raising awareness of diverse cultures and foster respect for cultural diversity.
- Work with affiliated student groups and organizations to facilitate cross-cultural interactions and initiatives in support of student learning and community networking.
- Enhance the social climate for the development of underrepresented groups.
- Support the retention and graduation rates of students of color.
- Create strong university, alumni, and external collaborations that will be in alignment with and support the academic mission.