ESU 4 Kids
ESU4Kids is celebrating 30 years as the region's premier summer children's program!
The ESU4Kids Summer STEAM & Literacy Program runs for two weeks in July. Children in grades K-6 may attend full day or half day sessions for one or both weeks. All activities are held on the campus of East Stroudsburg University.
Children experience fun activities based on daily nature, literacy, and science themes. As much as possible, activities are held outdoors.
ESU staff and faculty oversee the ESU4Kids program and daily operations. Instructors include ESU professors as well as ESU students in such majors as education, science, and reading.
All program staff have relevant clearances, and appropriate personnel are certified in First Aid and CPR. It is our goal to provide a safe environment for each camper to have a great learning experience!
Children enjoy a wide range of activities in STEAM + Literacy programs such as:
- What ages are accepted?
Children are organized into three levels. Choose the grade your children are entering in Fall 2023:
- Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade
- Third and Fourth Grade
- Fifth and Sixth Grade
- Are there any discounts?
A multiple child discount of 5% is applied at checkout.
There are no refunds for missed days. Please contact us for withdrawals due to unforeseen circumstances.
Registration is per week. Drop-ins for pre-care, post-care, or program sessions are not accepted.
- Are there ESU4Kids t-shirts?
Adult and youth t-shirts are available during registration for $10 each. T-shirts are distributed on the first day of each week.
- How do I enroll in ESU4Kids?
Registration opens in March 2023. Feel free to contact us to be added to our mailing list when registration opens.
- How are meals and snacks organized?
- Meals are not provided. Children must bring their own lunches, snacks, and drinks.
- No refrigeration is available.
- Allergen-free zones are provided.
- Refillable water bottles are highly encouraged!
- What should children wear or bring?
ESU4Kids is primarily an outdoor program. Many activities are rain or shine – please dress accordingly!
Any belongings, including clothing, lunch bags, and water bottles, should be clearly labeled with your child's name.
Program staff are not responsible for valuable items.Please leave electronic devices at home. Parents/guardians have several options for reaching their children via program staff.
- What are the pick up and drop off procedures?
Parent/Guardian signatures are required at drop off and pick up.
- Full day: drop off is 8:30 - 9:00 a.m.; pick up is 4:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Half day morning session: drop off is 8:30 - 9:00 a.m.; pick up is 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Half day afternoon session: drop off is 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.; pick up is 4:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Pre-care: drop off starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Post-care: pick up until 6:00 p.m.
- Parents/guardians who have not arrived by 6:00 p.m. will be charged $25 per hour until children are picked up. After 6:00 p.m., emergency contacts will be called. After 7:00 p.m., campus police will be called.
For assistance or special accommodations, please contact email@example.com or (570) 422-2705. Accommodations may include, but are not limited to, services for physical, cognitive, visual or auditory assistance.
- Campus Address
- (570) 422-2705
- Title of Department Leader