Thursday, February 23, 2017.
Majors, Minors, and More!
Uncertain about what major to choose?
Chosen a major but unsure?
Confident in your choice of a major and interested in adding a second major or a minor?
...you’re at the right place!
The Majors and Minors Fair offers a relaxed atmosphere where you can speak with a department faculty member representing ESU’s majors and minors, and learn about academic areas of study and career-related options.
The goals of the Major and Minor Fair are to:
- Provide information about academic major to current ESU undeclared students.
- To offer an opportunity for students to think critically about majors and minors.
- To provide students with an opportunity to ask questions, to learn, and to think about a major and/or minor that interests them.
- To encourage students to make informed decisions by engaging in dialogue with experts in field of study prior to declaring a major.
- Provide an informal environment for students to talk to faculty and professional staff about majors and career options.
- Provide information about learning opportunities outside the classroom experiences.
Some questions to ask Faculty members at the Majors and Minors Fair:
- What courses are mandatory for the major?
- What jobs do ESU graduates obtain with this major?
- What is the minimum GPA required for the major?
- What are the different career paths I can pursue with this major?
- Will a bachelor’s degree prepare me for a career in this major or will I need to pursue graduate work?
- What specific academic skills are needed to succeed in this major?
Ready to declare?
You can declared your major on your ESU portal. It is quite easy! Go to your ESU portal, click on the eWarrior tab and follow the instructions.