Now is an exciting time to begin planning for your future. At ESU, we are committed to helping you.
We offer Meta Majors to help you guide you on a path in the right direction!
The goal of the Meta Major program is to help you declare a major that best fits your interests and career goals by the end of your first year at ESU. Keeping you on track every step of the way.
Step 1: Inquire to Learn More
To learn more about how a Meta Major at ESU can help you determine your path for academic and career success, complete the Inquiry to the right.
Step 2: Apply to ESU
Are you ready to take the step to becoming a Warrior? Use the link below to apply for admission now. Your future is now and ESU is where warriors, like you, belong.
Step 3: Be Accepted
Congratulations on your acceptance to ESU. Now it’s time to plan for success and secure your spot as a warrior.
Step 4: Secure your Spot at ESU
Welcome to ESU’s Meta Major program and the Warrior family; you’ve made the right choice and we are ready to help you discover your strengths and pave a path for your academic and career success. We look forward to seeing you on campus this fall.
Step 5: Complete Career Assessments and Career Counseling
As a deposited Meta Major student at ESU, your next step is to take two quick, but essential assessments, focused on career discovery and then meet with an ESU Career Advisor.
Please complete the following 3 tasks within 1 week of receiving and email from ESU.
- Take the Focus2 Career Assessment
- Select "Registration" in the Focus2 portal login (be sure to use your ESU email address)
- Use "warrior" as your Access Code and then select "Continue"
- In the self-assessment section, take the Work Interest, Skills, Personality and Values, and Leisure assessments
- Take the 16Personalities Assessment
- Complete the 16Personalities test
- Write down your 5-letter code
- Schedule an appointment (face-to-face or zoom) with a Career Counselor through WARRIORFish
- Log into WARRIORFish (be sure to use your ESU username)
- Select WARRIORFish menu button
- Then select My Success Network
- Schedule your appointment with Career and Workforce Development
- Select Meta Major Assessments
- Continue and then select your appointment time
Step 6: Meet Your Academic Advisor
Now that you have completed your assessments and met with a Career Counselor, you will be matched with a Meta Major. A Meta Major is a grouping of associated academic majors that have related courses. You will be contacted by your Meta Major Academic Advisor and collaborate in the development of your ESU academic schedule.