- How can I meet with an academic advisor or success coach?
- All academic advising meetings are being conducted virtually by Zoom or at times telephone.
Meetings are limited to 20 minutes per session and may be scheduled online through
WFish. We offer same-day appointments, or appointments may be scheduled up to 7 days
in advance, subject to availability.
- If you have general questions, you also have the option to online chat with a member
of the Advising team each business day from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- How will a phone appointment work with an advisor?
When you schedule your phone appointment, you will be given the advisor’s Zoom advising
room for you to call at your scheduled time. It is possible that the advisor will
have another appointment scheduled ahead of you, so if they are running a few minutes
behind, you may need to wait. Advisors will be able to address your questions over
the phone as they would in-person or via Zoom. Any document sharing will be handled
via email following the phone appointment.
- What if I enter the Zoom meeting and my advisor or success coach is not there?
If your advisor isn’t in the Zoom meeting when your appointment time begins, it’s
possible they are finishing up a meeting with another student. Please stay in the
virtual waiting room on Zoom until your academic advisor arrives.
- I dont have internet access so how do I set up an academic advising or coaching appointment?
Please call our main line (570) 422-6700 during business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00
am – 4:00 pm) and we will assist you with scheduling an academic advising appointment.
The department secretary will set up a phone meeting.
- How will a phone appointment work?
When you schedule your phone appointment, you will be given the advisor’s advising
room. If you can only join on the phone, your advisor or success coach will call at
your scheduled time. It is possible that the advisor will have another appointment
scheduled ahead of you, so if they are running a few minutes behind, you may need
to wait. Any document sharing will be handled via email following the phone appointment.
- What is I need more than 30 minutes for my appointment?
- You may schedule a follow-up appointment. You will be limited to a 30-minute appointment
in order to serve the needs of all students.
- Please make sure to be selective and prioritize your questions before your meeting,
so that you can make the most of your 30-minute appointment.
- You success is important to us, so we will make time to assist you throughout or day.
- Will summer or fall registration change?
Unless we hear otherwise from the University, the registration calendar is not scheduled