CMS Login
  • parent photos
  • parent photos
  • parent photos
  • parent photos

Parent Posts

Questions? Kudos? Concerns? Inquire about items of a general nature, the answers to which can be helpful to you and other ESU parents. Inquiries will be reviewed and responses will be provided.

You are encouraged to direct specific, individual items to the offices or departments that handle and can best address your needs. For example: questions about tuition, fees and financial aid should be directed to the Student Enrollment Center, questions about housing should be directed to the Office of Residence Life & Housing. Find these and other university offices and departments here: Faculty and Staff and Academic Departments.

Recent Questions and Answers:

How can my student access transportation to and from New Jersey?

Martz Trailways services New Jersey and the Pocono region. The schedules can be found here:

Taxis can take students to and from the bus terminal near the University.

Taxis can take students to and from New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.

Where can I find information about restaurants in the Poconos?

Below is a link to the Pocono Mountains Vacation Bureau webpage that lists a variety of restaurants in the Monroe County, PA area. Enjoy your meal!

Is local transporatation available to ESU students?

Local Bus Service | Monroe County Transit Authority: | (570) 839-6282
Whether taking the bus for shopping or commuting, the Monroe County Transit Authority (MCTA) is the public transportation provider for Monroe County.

Convenient access is available at Smith and Normal streets (by Kemp Library). MCTA (a.k.a. the Pocono Pony) has stops throughout the county. Popular destinations include shopping, restaurants and recreation areas.

Interactive route information, using addresses or points of interest, may be found using Google Maps or on the MCTA website. Students with valid ESU ID qualify for a reduced fare. Route maps and schedules may be found at the University Police office.

MCTA's Student's Guide to Public Transportation in the Poconos:

Are there campus shuttle and local transportation services for students?

ESU’s shuttle service for students:

Transportation options for students including local bus service (Monroe County Transit Authority) and ride sharing: Page 6 -

How does my student receive mail and packages?

Mail is delivered (Monday-Friday) by the US Postal Service to each residence hall. The mail is then distributed to assigned mailboxes. The mailbox number is the same as the room number.
Use the following address EXAMPLE for mailing:
Jane Doe
East Stroudsburg University
Hall Name, Suite or Room #
200 Prospect Street
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
The campus is also serviced by private package companies for deliveries only. (UPS, Federal Express, DHL, etc.)
A student who has a package or parcel will receive a notice in his/her mailbox from the Resident Director’s staff in the residence hall. The student then goes to the residence hall mailroom and picks up the item. Packages that do not fit in the mailbox are held in the Residence Hall mailroom.

All UPS and FEDEX packages are delivered directly to the residence halls and are signed for by the Resident Directors staff, usually someone in the front office or at the front desk.

For more information, contact the mailroom at: (570) 422-3093.

Is a student required to have a printer? Does ESU have a central printing center for student use? If so, how many copies per semester are students allowed?

All ESU computer labs have printers. There is no charge and no limit. Students often chose to bring an inkjet printer, but that is not necessary. If a student brings a printer, he/she should bring a cable to attach it to his/her computer to print. ESU does not recommend using a wireless printer feature.

My freshman daughter will be living in Hemlock which has a kitchenette. Do they come with a fridge? Also, the beds are a regular twin size, correct?

The kitchenette does not include a refrigerator or microwave; students should bring those. The beds in the suites are twin extra-long.

Does the University prefer that students use a MAC or a PC laptop? Which is preferable?

Either a MAC or a PC is fine. Depending on the area of study, one might be better than the other. Calls to discuss this further are welcomed at either phone number listed below.

A good resource for students if they have questions about ESU Computing and Communications Services is:

Help Desk
Office Desktop Computing, E-Mail
(570) 422-3789 or (570) 422-3857

Are tuition bills sent to the home mailing address or are they sent online?

Student bills are sent to the student's ESU email address. Students should regularly check their "myESU Portal" and their ESU email messages for important information from the University.

Does ESU have student laptop recommendations?

The ESU Computer Center Help Desk recommends the following:

A laptop that fits your budget, however, with these minimum specifications:
Intel i3 or i5 and 4gb ram
The operating system would depend on the student’s comfort level
Purchasing Microsoft Office would be reasonable

For more information and assistance, contact: Help Desk, 303 Stroud Hall , (570) 422-3789,

I would like to thank the staff and students

I would like to thank the staff and students for a great orientation. My daughter came away excited and looking forward to the Fall semester. We can't wait to be part of the Warrior family! Thanks again!

Is there public transportation to NJ from ESU?

Martz Trailways services New Jersey and the Pocono region. The schedules can be found here:



My son and I attended the Orientation session on June 27

My son and I attended the Orientation session on June 27. Thank you so much for a fun and informative day. The student Orientation leaders were excellent! The amount of information we received was invaluable.

When is the first weekend that the parents will be able to visit freshmen?

Parents of new students will be involved in residence hall move-in on Friday, August 22, 2014: ESU Move-In Weekend Information

Parents may visit students on any weekends of their choosing. It is recommended that parents allow their new ESU students adjustment time as they transition to the university experience. However, parent visitation with the student may be different for each individual situation.

ESU Family Weekend, September 26 - 28, 2014, is an ideal time for parents to visit campus, and engage in enjoyable activities with their students. A complete schedule of ESU Family Weekend activities will be provided later this summer.

Where can I find the fall 2014 academic calendar with information about the Labor Day holiday, class dates, and other fall 2014 calendar information?

The ESU Academic Calendar provides significant dates for the academic year. The calendar can be found here (click on the semester you want to view): ESU Academic Calendar.

What are the guidelines regarding remaining funds on a student’s E.card and meal plan at the end of a semester/academic year?

E.dollars will roll over into next semester; the student does not lose E.dollars, ever.

Dining dollars (unofficially, yet commonly, referred to as "flex") must be used by next Friday, May 9, 2014, or students will lose those funds. Center Court is offering bulk items for those students that want to expend their remaining dining dollars. There are no refunds for unused "dining dollars."

For additional information, access:
E.card, or if you wish to speak to the ESU Campus Card Center Director, Mr. Robert Smith, you may reach him at: (570) 422-2992,

Meal Plan FAQ’s, or call: (570) 422-3998.

When will my incoming freshman be assigned a student mentor?

Typically new students receive upper class mentors just prior to the start of the entering fall semester. If your student is in need of a mentor now, or wishes to have communication with one of ESU’s student orientation leaders, please email the request to

My son is graduating in May. Are tickets necessary, if so how many can he get for family members? Thank you.

This web page can be of assistance to parents of graduating students:

Also, you can ask for answers to your commencement questions here:

Where can my graduating senior find out information about senior portraits, graduation tickets, purchasing a cap and gown, ordering a class ring and announcements, etc.?

ESU Grad Fest is a comprehensive event where students may obtain graduation information; it will be held on March 24, 2014, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m., at the University Store.

At Grad Fest, students may: obtain details about purchasing regalia and graduation tickets, visit with representatives from ESU: Enrollment Services, Graduate Office, Alumni Affairs, Career Services and other departments, and find out more about their commencement needs. NOTE: Herff Jones Photography will be at ESU Grad Fest, scheduling appointments on March 24th for senior portraits, which will be taken March 25th, 26th and 27th, upper level of the University Center.

ESU Grad Fest

What are the dates, times and locations of May 2014 ESU Commencements?

Undergraduate and Graduate Commencements:
All in Koehler Field House

9:00 AM:
College of Arts and Sciences
College of Education

1:00 PM:
College of Business and Management
College of Health Sciences

GRADUATE COMMENCEMENT: Friday, May 9, 2014, 7:00 PM

Where can students use eCards (student identification cards)?

eCards may be used at the following locations.

On Campus:

Off Campus:

For complete eCard information, click here:

What are the guidelines for completing the ESU Report of Medical History form and acquiring student access to university health services?

ESU Health Services strongly recommends that all incoming students, including transfer students, submit the Report of Medical History form, which includes immunization history, prior to entrance to the university. There are many academic majors that will require this information during the course of study including education, health sciences, (such as nursing, psychology, speech and hearing, athletic training, and exercise science), as well as many internships and academic placements. It is recommended that all students gather this information and submit it to avoid postponements in class schedules. The Report of Medical History is mandatory for all international students.

In addition to the Report of Medical History form, Pennsylvania law requires all students residing in university-owned housing to have received meningitis vaccination or be informed of the risks and benefits of the vaccine. This is to be completed when submitting the housing application.

All currently-enrolled students are eligible to access health care at the University Health Services Health Center when classes are in session. It is located on the first floor of the Flagler-Metzgar Center and is open Monday – Friday with varied hours. The health center is a walk-in clinic treating illness and injuries. In most situations there are no additional fees to see a nurse or doctor as these costs are covered by the “health care fee.” Some elective services, such as physical examinations, TB testing, and women’s health, are available at nominal fees. There are many low-cost prescription medications available on site when ordered by our physician (most cost $4.00 - $8.00; payment is accepted only by E-card). Fees for any medical treatment provided away from the health center, such as diagnostic testing, i.e. lab tests, x-rays, etc. is the responsibility of the student, therefore, health insurance is strongly advised. For more information or questions contact the health center at (570) 422-3553.

What public transportation is available between ESU and the Lehigh Valley?

How can a parent access a student's portal?

The ESU Computing Services Help Desk can assist you at (570) 422-3789.

How can graduating students order graduation announcements?

Graduation announcements may be ordered through Balfour has the locations and time already in their system for graduation. Graduation announcements may also be ordered in person at ESU's Grad Fest in the University Store, November 4th from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. A representative from Balfour will be onsite to take orders directly.

Are there any buses that run to the university?
We would like to visit the campus but do not drive. We live in the Philadelphia area.

Martz Trailways services the Pocono region and the Philadelphia region. The schedule can be found here:

Taxi service is available to and from bus stations. Information on Pocono taxi service can be found here:

GOOOOOOO Warriors..........

We agree: GOOOOOOO Warriors!

Is there a way to view my student's class progress online during the semester?

Please use the links below for information about parental access to student records:

Is there transportation From ESU to Long Island?

Martz Trailways has buses that run from the Poconos to Port Authority in NYC. There is rail transportation from Port Authority to Long Island. Below are some links to transportation that you may want to consider:

Martz Trailways:

Port Authority:

Metropolitan Transportation Authority: