ESU is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, (215) 662-5606.
The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Education.
All education programs at ESU are also accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP - formerly NCATE) and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Other program accreditation's at ESU include:
- Athletic Training, B.S. and M.S. - Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Biochemistry and Chemistry, B.S. - American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- In addition, the programs are also certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Clinical Exercise Physiology, M.S. - Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Computer Science, B.S. - Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc. (ABET)
- Exercise Science, B.S and M.S. - Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Hotel, Restaurant & Tourism Management, B.S. - Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA)
- Nursing, B.S. - Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN - formerly NLNAC)
- In addition, the program is approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing
- Public Health, M.P.H. - Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- Social Work, B.S. - Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Speech Language Pathology, M.S. - Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- In addition, the graduate program is also approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Sport Management, B.S. and M.S. - Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA)