The Mission of the Teacher Education Unit at East Stroudsburg University is to develop beginning educators who are creative, knowledgeable, and reflective by providing evidence-based practices and diverse, authentic field experiences to continually improve teaching, learning and leading.
The TEU will be recognized for excellence in educational leadership and teacher education at the local, state and national levels by:
- Expanding and sustaining partnerships with Pk-12 schools and families, as well as collaborative efforts with alumni, the community, and the university.
- Promoting and expanding an understanding of diversity that meets the unique needs of every learner.
- Demonstrating theory and research-based pedagogy and cutting edge technologies that advance 21st century skills.
- Cultivating learning communities that engage students and partners in scholarship, inquiry and service, while encouraging collaboration and life-long learning.
- Pursuing a diverse faculty and student body that reflect 21st century classrooms.