East Stroudsburg University’s Events Calendar is only for events organized, hosted, sponsored, or co-sponsored by the University, its departments, colleges, affiliates, units, and officially sanctioned student organizations. Events may be open to the general public or campus member-only events for ESU faculty, staff, students, and/or alums. They may also be hosted on-campus or off-campus.
Events must be submitted through Virtual EMS (when a room is required), then add the event to the event calendar by filling out the Event Submission Form. Submissions from this form will go to all members of the Web Services Team. If an event is planned and does not require a room, the organizer can fill out the Event Submission Form to get their event on the calendar. Web Services will send event requests with missing information back to the organizer so that the information can be provided. Personal events (study groups, department meetings) or solicitations are not allowed and will be rejected.
For Events Requiring a Room Reservation
To submit an event requiring a room reservation, please visit www.esu.edu/vems.
- Choose a Room. Then, select: “Book Now.”
- Go to Room Tab
- Select a Date/Time. Then select the room
- Select: Next Step
- Go to Service Tab
- Select the Calendar Option Y/N
- A Pop-up box appears with instructions and a link to go to the Event Submission Form on a separate webpage.
- The submission of this form will go to all members of the Web Services Team. The filling out of this form is NOT a replacement or substitution for filling out the EMS form. These are two related but Separate requests.
- Go back to the EMS Request you were filling out prior.
- Select: Next Step
- Fill out the Reservation Details, click Create Reservation.
- The Event Management System form submission will go to the appropriate request approver.
Event Updates and Cancellations
Update or cancellation requests from event organizers will be considered and managed promptly (within 24 hours) whenever possible. Exceptions may include holidays and weekends. Suppose there are updates to an event's time, date, location change, or cancellation due to weather or other reasons. In that case, the event organizer must only contact Web Services to update/cancel the event on the calendar.
Events That May Not Be Approved
- Events that lack required information (title, date, start/end time, location, sponsor, description, and contact information)
- Events that lack a clear ESU connection.
- Events submitted less than three business days before the event date.
- Classes, department meetings, student club meetings, save the dates, and application deadlines will not be displayed on the calendar.
Event Submission Requirements
- Calendar submissions should be event-oriented rather than a news or announcement item.
- Announcements about upcoming events or announcements concerning registrations, applications, or enrollments are inappropriate for inclusion.
- Events must be sponsored by an ESU entity (the University, school, department, unit, program, division, affiliate, office, or club).
- Event listings must include the following:
- Appropriate events include, but are not limited to:
- Although two weeks is best for event promotion, calendar requests must be submitted at least three business days before the event.
- It is the organizer’s responsibility to ensure that new events are sent to Conference Services and/or Web Services along with any corrections or changes throughout the year.
Images should reflect the event that is being submitted. Please email all photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title and date of the event.
- Portraits of speakers (identify individuals in image alt text)
- Photos from past year's events or print-quality posters
- Screenshots of films or a poster/DVD cover for screenings
- Scenes, settings, or objects related to the event
Tips When Submitting an Event
- Check for misspellings.
- If using acronyms (YMCA, NCTE, NASA, etc.), make sure they are spelled out somewhere in the description of the event.
- Stick to the facts. Users want to find the information they seek in the calendar quickly.
- Start/End Time
- Specific location
- Contact information
- Keep event titles between 10-15 words.
- If an event requires tickets and/or registration, include information on how to attain either or both.
- Increase the readability of event descriptions by breaking up large text sections into smaller paragraphs.
- Include an event with a website or link with more information.
- FACT CHECK/SPELL CHECK: Ensure all ESU faculty and staff names are spelled correctly and all links are accessible.
- The events calendar is for ESU-affiliated events ONLY.