ESU students have the opportunity to study in a wide range of countries around the world. Choosing the right destination and program is the first step toward having a successful experience abroad. In addition to ESU faculty-led programs, students can study abroad through ESU affiliate network institutions, or ESU's global partner institutions. With all the options provided, ESU students can study in any of 136 approved universities throughout the world.
Semester-long/ Year-long programs:
Center for International Studies
International Student Exchange Program (ISEP)
Study abroad Italy (SAI)
ISEP offers many interesting opportunities for ESU interested in studying or completing internships abroad.
In addition, students can go abroad and study in a foreign language. Some of these options include Chile, China, France, Germany, Japan and Mexico.
For more information, please visit the ISEP website.
In addition, ESU as a Member of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, allows students to participate in any of the faculty-led programs sponsored by any of the State System universities.
Some program-specific restriction may apply.
East Stroudsburg University’s GLOBAL PARTNERS
ESU has signed agreements for direct student exchange with eight foreign universities (listed below).
University of Applied Sciences of Aalen
Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences
- About the University: Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences (FH Bielefeld) works closely together with the industrial and business communities and social and cultural institutes in the region. FH Bielefeld has over 100 partner universities worldwide.Students benefit from a well-developed co-operation network and can apply the academic knowledge they gain in a work environment.
- About the city: Bielefeld is a city in the Ostwestfalen-Lippe Region in the north-east of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. With a population of 341,730, it is also the most populous city in the Regierungsbezirk Detmold. Bielefeld is home to a significant number of internationally operating companies, including Dr. Oetker, Gildemeister and Schüco.
- Academic programs: For a detailed list of programs offered, please visit FH Bielefeld.
- Language of instruction: German and English
- Academic Calendar: Semester 1 October – January; Semester 2 mid-March - June
- Housing and payment of fees: Students will pay tuition and fees at ESU. Students will be responsible for housing and meals at FH Bielefeld and will live in campus residence halls.
University of Wuppertal
- About the university: There are almost 1,900 international students at UW from 85 countries around the world.
- About the city: Wuppertal is located within the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, with a population of approximately 350,000 inhabitants. Wuppertal is only about a three hour train ride from both Amsterdam, Netherlands and Brussels, Belgium.
- Academic programs: Business and Economics, Humanities and Cultural Studies, Education, Social Sciences, Mathematics, Art & Design, Engineering.
- Language of instruction: German and English
- Academic Calendar: Semester 1 October – February; Semester 2 April – July
- Housing and payment of fees: Students will pay tuition and fees at ESU. Students will be responsible for housing and meals at University of Wuppertal and will live in campus residence halls.
Universidad de Jaén
- About the university: Universidad de Jaén is a medium-sized public university (some 15,000 students and
over 800 faculty, most of whom are PhD’s) which was established in 1993 at Campus
Las Lagunillas in the city of Jaén.
UJA has got more than 30 departments (which are the main university units in charge of organizing and developing research and teaching) related to almost any university field of knowledge: business administration, anthropology, geography and history, chemistry, etc. Learn more about UJA.
- About the city: Jaén is a city in the southern Spanish region of Andalusia and is the capital of the province of Jaén (and, therefore, its administrative and industrial center, with establishments including chemical works, tanneries, distilleries, cookies factories and textile factories). The inhabitants of the city are known as Jiennenses and its population amounts to over 115,000.
- Language of instruction: Spanish
- Academic Calendar: Semester 1 October – February; Semester 2 February – June
- Housing and payment of fees: Students pay tuition and fees at ESU. Students pay for housing at Universidad de Jaén. Students will live in apartments at Universidad de Jaén.
Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Fontys University, founded in 1996, is the second largest institution of higher education in Holland. With over 40,000 students, Fontys offers courses in 22 locations throughout the country. Major campuses are located in Eindhoven, Tilburg, and Venlo. Fontys University offers 15 bachelor degree programs in English, as well as 10 bachelor degree programs delivered in German/Dutch/English.
- About the city: The three biggest campuses are located in Eindhoven, Tilburg, and Venlo. Eindhoven is the fifth largest city and the largest in the province of North Brabant. Tilburg has a slightly smaller population than Eindhoven and is the second largest city in the province. Venlo is the smallest of the three cities and is located along the German border.
- Academic programs: This university is a great option for business management majors interested in studying in Europe. Please visit Fontys University for a complete list of academic programs offered
- Language of instruction: Dutch, German, and English. ESU students will be able to select courses delivered in English.
- Academic Calendar: Semester 1 late-August until late-January; Semester 2: early-February until mid-July. ESU students should plan to study at Fontys during the spring semester.
- Housing and payment of fees: Students will pay tuition and fees at ESU. Students will be responsible for housing and meals at Fontys University. Students will live in housing arranged by Fontys University, located near campus.
- Learn more about Fontys University
Changsha University of Science and Technology
Changsha, P. R. China
- About the University: Founded in 1956, Changsha University of Science & Technology (CUST) is an engineering-centered multidisciplinary university integrating engineering, science, management, economics, liberal arts and law, with strong disciplinary advantages and prominent features in the industries of communications, electric power and water conservancy.
- About the city: Changsha is the capital and most populous city of Hunan province in the south central part of the People's Republic of China. Changsha has a history of more than 3,000 years. Changsha is now an important commercial, manufacturing and transportation centre.
- Academic programs: A complete list of academic programs offered at CUST.
- Language of Instruction: English and Chinese
- Housing and payment of fees: Students pay tuition and fees at ESU. Students pay for housing at Changsha University of Since and Technology. Students will live in CUST dorms located on campus.
Chinese Culture University (Taiwan)
- About the University: Chinese Culture University (CCU) was founded by Prof. Chang Chi-Yun in 1962. CCU is organized into twelve academic colleges: Liberal Arts, Foreign Language and Literature, Social Sciences, Science, Engineering, Business Administration, Journalism and Communications, Arts, Environmental Design, Law, Agriculture, and Education.
- About the city: Taipei is the political, economic, educational, and cultural center of Taiwan and one of the major hubs in East Asia. Taipei is part of a major high-tech industrial area. Railways, high-speed rail, highways, airports, and bus lines connect Taipei with all parts of the island.
- Academic Programs: For a complete list of academic programs offered at CCU.
- Language of instruction: Chinese and English.
- Housing and payment of fees: Students pay tuition and fees at ESU. Students pay for housing at Chinese Culture University. Students will live in CCU dorms located on campus.
Kaifeng, P. R. China
- About the university: Henan University (HENU), founded in 1912, is situated in the city of Kaifeng. The university boasts an enrollment of 41,000 students, with more than 6,000 of them pursuing postgraduate studies. There are approximately 200 international students at HENU. HENU offers 79 undergraduate degree programs.
- About the city: Kaifeng is an ancient Chinese capital city. Kaifeng is located on the banks of the Yellow River and boasts a population of about 5 million people.
- Academic Programs: For a complete list of academic programs offered at HENU.
- Language of instruction: Chinese
- Housing and payment of fees: Students pay tuition and fees at ESU. Students pay for housing at Henan University. Students will live in HENU dorms located on campus.
- Campus Address
- Stroud Hall 103
- (570) 422-3527
- (570) 422-3579 (Fax)
- Title of Department Leader
- Interim Director International Study Programs
- Steven Ives