We are always striving to provide information on scholarships for veterans, active service members and their families that may be helpful to our students.
Please see the scholarship resources below. If you have feedback on these scholarships or know of another opportunity that you would like to share with others, please email email@example.com.
- The Folds of Honor Scholarship application dates are February 1 to March 31 annually.
- The AMVETS Scholarship is awarded for up to $4,000 to active duty military personnel, honorably discharged veterans, reserves, spouses and children or grandchildren who demonstrate financial need for tuition assistance. Application deadline is April 30.
- The Army Women’s Foundation (AWF) Legacy Scholarship to current and past women soldiers and their lineal descendants. Scholarships are based on merit, academic potential, personal essay, community service, letters of recommendation and financial need. Application deadline is January 20th.
- Fisher House Scholarship for Military Children whose parent(s) are serving in or retired from the Army Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force or Coast Guard. Application deadline is February 17th.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation is open for children of active duty, reserve, and veterans U.S Marines and Navy Corpsmen who served alongside Marines. Application deadline is March 2nd.
- The Pat Tillman Scholarship is awarded to active duty service members and spouses of all branches who wish to pursue an undergraduate and graduate Application deadline is last day of February.
- National Military Family Association is open for spouse married to an active duty, reserve, guard, retired or medically retired service member. There is no application deadline.
- Mrs. Patty Shinseki Spouse Scholarship Program is offered through the Army Emergency Relief. It is open for spouse of active duty or retired soldiers. Application deadlines are on a rotating schedule.
- MG James Ursano Scholarship Program is offered through the Army Emergency Relief. It is established to assist children of Army Soldiers in obtaining their first degree. Application is open from January 1 to April 1.
- The Bob Feller Act of Valor Scholarship Program is open to children whose parents are currently serving in the military or in a National Guard or Reserve Component. Veterans and service members are also eligible. Application deadline is September 1.
- ThanksUSA Scholarship Program is open to children and spouses of an active duty, discharged or retired military personnel. Application is open from March 1 to April 15.
- Hope for the Warriors is open to spouse of a Post 9/11 Veteran with a 100% VA disability rating. Application deadline September 30.
For a complete list of scholarships available at ESU see ESU Scholarships.
Veterans Work Study Program
To be eligible for a work study program you must be using one of the Veterans benefits (Chapter 33, 31, 1606 or 35). You would get paid minimum wage. This is considered a Veterans benefit and does not need to be claimed on taxes as income. Places to apply:
- ESU Student Veteran Center hires 5 students. Open positions are announced at the beginning of the semester. For more information contact June Pepe.
- Monroe County Veterans Affairs Office in Stroudsburg hires 2-3 students. Open positions are announced at the beginning of the year. For more information contact Lisa Kaye.
Both the Army and Air Force ROTC programs offer scholarships which can cover tuition and fees or provide housing.
- Army ROTC is an elective curriculum you take along with your required college classes.
- Air Force ROTC is also an elective curriculum with classes held at Wilkes University on Thursday afternoons.